Tuesday, July 12, 2005

BRITISH HUMOR IN ADVERTISEMENT

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
GOING AFTER SMOKERS' SEX LIVES

The British government launched a series of tough anti-cigarette adverts Friday with the message that smoking is bad for your sex life because it makes men impotent and women ugly.

The campaign is designed to target young Britons' fears about their sexual attractiveness -- an area the government says is more effective than highlighting general health concerns.

One ad uses a burning cigarette end between two "fingerlegs" as a metaphor for a penis with the strapline "Does smoking make you hard? Not if it means you can't get it up."

Another targets women saying cigarettes lead to premature skin aging and warns that smoking causes "cat's bum mouth."

"We know 70 percent of smokers want to stop smoking, however, with younger people, fears about attractiveness and fertility can be a stronger motivation to quit than fears about health," said Public Health Minister Caroline Flint. The government says smoking increases the risk of erectile dysfunction by around 50 percent for men in their 30s and 40s and that up to 120,000 British men in this age group were impotent as a result of smoking.


A recent survey by NHS Smoking Helpline also found two-thirds of young men and women, and over half of smokers, said smoking reduced sexual attractiveness.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

13 Comments:

Blogger mojoala said...

kissing a smoker is like kissing an ashtray.

I don't get some men who find kissing a smoker is sexy....

7:31 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

I'm a smoker, but I gave up men a long time ago. lol

8:24 AM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

mojoala, I said pretty much the same thing the other day on someone else's blog. Kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray.

Shame on your EXSENO for being a smoker! Put down those cancer sticks! You are too good of a woman to ruin your health like that. How are you going to box 12 rounds with smokers lungs? ;)

Personally if I see a really pretty girl and on my way to approach her, she reaches to light up a cig - forget it! I'm turning around and walking away because that is a complete turnoff! Smoke smell in her hair, nails, clothes, breath, teeth turning brown and pre-mature skin wrinkling are all just PARTS of it. She won't be in great physical shape due to the smoke cutting her air off either. So there goes a couple rounds in bed too! :P

Those ads you posted, hey those probably aren't even smokers teeth. Brits are known for their bad dental hygiene to begin with, but I'm sure smoking just adds to the mess. Yuck.

9:32 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Nope, I think she is a model and they just doctored the picture. I know , I but I'm an addict to the smokes as for the other things never seemed to inhibit me in any other way. Sometimes I wish I could put them down, but I don't think I can. I think it's partly mental. I don't want the weight gain. Scares me. The older you are the harder is it to get off.

9:39 AM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

Hey, if these ads work then I say good! I hate the smell of a house that is smoked in. It's never the same again, plus everything inside is STINKY!!

4:44 PM  
Blogger mojoala said...

You better listen to diamondkt....

because I love you too as your other commenters do....

5:57 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

I love all of you too, but oh man , it's the only bad habit I have left. (If you don't count burping and farting).

6:06 AM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

Lol, EXSENO if you weren't a Grandmother, than you would be one of my guy buddies in real life with those "bad habits" you listed. Plus we could sit and watch boxing!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Yeah smoking is gross, I quit back on Easter weekend! Yay for me!
But I like the adds, so much better than the cheesy crap we have here!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad dental HygIene! hey i'm british and my teeth are fine!
That better have been a joke mister! :)

but yeah the ads do work most my friends have stopped smoking apart from one very stubborn one who thinks she knows best...

madmaz -x-

7:05 AM  
Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20150710
abercrombie
ed hardy outlet
coach factorty outlet
longchamp pas cher
fitflops clearance
chanel uk
ncaa jerseys
retro 11
mont blanc pens
jordan 4 toro
louis vuitton
louis vuitton handbags
polo outlet
knockoff watches
gucci bags
longchamp soldes
juicy couture outlet
coach outlet online
cheap ran bans
cheap jerseys
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
kate spade handbags
michael kors outlet online
imitation watches
toms wedges
coach factorty outlet
michael kors
abercrombie and fitch
gucci bags
coach outlet
pandora jewelry
hollister clothing
ray ban sunglasses
tory burch flats
cheap chi straighteners
hollister jeans
new lebron james shoes
louis vuitton outlet
jordan retro 13

2:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0627

nike blazer pas cher
burberry outlet
g-star jeans
ralph lauren outlet
fitflops outlet
bally shoes
oakley sunglasses
pandora charms
canada goose outlet
tory burch outlet






7:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0629
off white
true religion jeans
ralph lauren polo
ray ban sunglasses
baltimore ravens jerseys
magic jerseys
celtics jerseys
gucci handbags
harry winston jewelry
coach factory outlet

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker