Monday, January 24, 2005

What Prompted This Story, Well I'll Tell You

I hate the word "died". I prefer "past over". Past over into a better place, where there is no tears, fears or pain. Only laughter and happiness. Happiness ever after!

As far back as I can remember there was only two of us, my sister and myself. But once upon a time there were three. We had an older sister. She was 8 years old when she past away. My Mother never really got over it and somewhere along the way she had a full blown nervous break down, because she thought that she was responsible. Her name was Elaine, she had, ( I'm not sure how to spell it but you'll get the just of it), Strip throat. She wouldn't eat or drink, but my Mother thought if she would keep taking the medicine she would get well, so she kept giving it to her. Sulfa, was a new drug back then and she didn't know you had to drink fluids with it. Hence, medicine + no liquids = crytallized kidneys. She died .

My Mother recovered , pulled herself together to raise the two that were left, and if I may say so myself, she did a pretty good job. But with a little piece of her heart missing that no surgeon could ever mend. ------Think about it eight years of careing and protecting. Eight years of loving. I can not begin to imagine. My children are grown and that is still the one thing that I fear the most. I try to keep in mind a article that I read once that go's something like this.

Why do we cry for a child when they die, they are not ours to keep. They belong to God who allows us to care for them until he's ready, to take them home.


What prompted this story well I'll tell you---I read a friends blog today and I cryed. She lost her own baby about a year ago. I remembered how much she loved that baby long before she was born and how important it was to pick the perfect name and how exited I was for her and how she glowed just thinking about having her.

To that friend I'ed like to say , right now I wish you were little so that I could put you on my lap and hug all the hurt away. But you're not and I can't so I'll just pray for you instead. And although I know (better than some) that , that part of your heart will always hurt, you have a big beautiful heart. So keep on keeping on. You can do it.



4 Comments:

Blogger fairygirl701 said...

*tear* Thank you so much...your words made me smile albeit through tears. It feels good to know I have friends who care.

Your mother must have suffer much heartache. I can't even imagine. In some ways it must but harder to have had them for so long and to have them taken away. I know I will get through this just as she did.

4:28 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, ugg boots, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike free, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, ugg boots, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, louis vuitton, louboutin, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, burberry, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, tory burch outlet

6:34 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors, oakley pas cher, kate spade handbags, ralph lauren uk, ralph lauren pas cher, north face, michael kors, michael kors, burberry, hogan, hollister pas cher, nike roshe, sac guess, ray ban pas cher, ray ban uk, coach outlet, true religion outlet, air force, coach purses, nike roshe run, lululemon, coach factory outlet, coach outlet, timberland, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, nike blazer, nike free, nike air max, hollister, new balance pas cher, vans pas cher, nike free run uk, nike air max, lacoste pas cher, louboutin pas cher, air jordan pas cher, michael kors, sac longchamp, north face, true religion jeans, abercrombie and fitch, tn pas cher, air max, longchamp pas cher, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, mulberry, hermes, nike air max

6:36 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

pandora charms, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, ugg pas cher, moncler outlet, vans, thomas sabo, canada goose, barbour, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen, hollister, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, moncler, pandora charms, ray ban, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, canada goose, supra shoes, louis vuitton, barbour jackets, ugg boots uk, toms shoes, moncler, converse outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, sac louis vuitton pas cher, doudoune canada goose, converse, replica watches, nike air max, lancel, canada goose, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, moncler, doke gabbana outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, links of london, canada goose, gucci, moncler

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker