Tuesday, July 12, 2005

MY WORSE NIGHTMARE


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



The dreaded Weedeater has got to be a womens worse nightmare. It certainly is mine!
I have a gas operated weedeater because my yard is to big for an electric one. There wouldn't be a cord long enough.

The Damn thing has a mind of it's own. If it doesn't want to start it's not going to no matter what I do. Every time I get it out we fight for an hour before, (if ever) it starts.

I do everything right. Steps one though seven. I set it on a flat surface. I press the primer bulb the correct number of times. Move the choke lever to the right position. Squeeze the throttle trigger fully. Pull starter rope etc. etc. and nothing. Again --nothing, Again nothing. Again, ahh, then it teases me with a little noise and I think I have it made. So this go's on and on and it's getting dark now and I'm so pissed I can't see straight but there is no way I am going to let a machine be more stubburn then me. Finally it starts, after an hour of yanking that rope and talking to it with the best words I know ( all bad) it finally starts -- then it dies. So we play start and die, for at least another 20 minutes.

Well it must have gotten tired of the fight and decided to go to work. The last big yank of the rope and the motor yelled loudly so I snatched it up and started using it. What happens now. No line, so I have to turn it off to put more line in it, which I did. I really dreaded trying to start it again but to my amazement it jumped right off. I thought this is great, but by now it's pretty dark. That's O.K. I can still get a little done. I run over to the side of my place face the weed eater down into some weeds and then, a big noise and the weedeater is yanking on me as tho it is hung up in the weeds. I rank back.

I should have known it had a plan. the spool came off. The only thing that kept it from flying thru the air was the line wrapped itself around the tube. Oh thank God it could have broken my leg. Well by now it's so dark I can't see anyway so I give up. You win! You sorry lazy good for nothing weedeater, you freaken win!
As I passed the trash can, I had the greatest urge to thow it away or at least leave it on the wet dewy ground all night to punish it but I didn't. I called it dirty names all the way back on the walk to put it up.

My weedeater now has a new name . It is now no longer a weedeater, it's an SOB and shall remain so named, until it starts acting right . I'm mad, I'm tired and I'm going to bed.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray no nightmares will I see ---- of the SOB.

15 Comments:

Blogger mojoala said...

I had a gas weedeater once. After the growing season, you have to start it up and let it run out of gas.

If you don't, the gas and oil mixture creates a shellac like coating on the internals of the carbureator(did I spell that right?).

I would not do this and end up spending 50 every start of the season to have the thing rebuilt.

Now I have 500 feet of extension cord with an electric version.

Current weedeater has lasted 4 seasons so far. And I use mine every 2 weeks, and we have a very long growing season down here in dixie....

6:02 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

I don't think anything would have helped it other than taking it back to the store when we first got it, because it's been that way from day one. Stupid move on our part we should have taken it back. Honestly I wouldn't know if you spelled everything wrong I think I'm the world worst speller.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no problems when we first got it pulled the crank cord and it busted right off for me. But you know me and it have a good understanding. If it gives me problems in the future then it will become unrecognizable dismantled and what is left that is good can be used on a lawnmower so I think it knows better than to piss me off..... lmao

7:32 AM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

"My weed eater now has a new name . It is now no longer a weed eater, it's an SOB and shall remain so named, until it starts acting right".

Lol, I love how you tell stories. I have a weed eater too or some call them weed wackers - same thing. Both my weed eater and lawn mower are John Deer and I don't have much problem with them...usually.

Anyway, here is a tip. After you prime it 2 or 3 times and try and pull the cord, if it fails to start right up, then STOP. Don't pull it again. Let it sit for a minute or two and then prime it once more, perhaps even twice. Then try and start it. It should fire up for you. Sometimes it needs that rest because you flood the motor by yanking at it over and over. See if that helps you. Another problem may be that it just needs serviced, like a tune-up. It's similar to what a car needs after a few years.

Also, not sure if you like doing lawn work, but why not have your son or a neighbor boy give you a hand with that stuff? I'm sure they wouldn't mind to help the nice lady next door. ;)

1:08 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Hey, this old lady is in pretty good physical shape. I have cut down little trees with nothing but a hand saw. I can do some heavy duty yard work. But since my gandson is living with me he is doing most of it these days, so that he will learn some responsibility. There is a small patch of woods on one side of my house that I am always having to cut broken limbs off of the trees and bushes. I like working outside. It's a great form of exercise and much less boring.
I might look like an old lady but I refuse to sit back and become one. lol
Thanks for all of the tips on the SOB tho. I don't have any trouble restarting it. But the first time it wears my arm out.

3:34 PM  
Blogger lizzyjane said...

HAHAHA!
It would probably be better to crawl through the yard on your hands and knees with a pair of scissors

5:16 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Hey, I hate to admit it, but I've done that before. I even took my little needle nose saw held a bunch of weeds together and sawed them down. This is Arkansas these weeds have big thick stem. But desperate folk have desperate ways. In a pinch I'll do what ever it takes.

5:50 PM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

Glad to hear you have plenty of energy and you aren't afraid to get dirty doing some yard work. Since you are so spunky, how about you come and mow my lawn too? I have about an acre or so, you can handle it. I'll even start the mower for ya. ;)

8:33 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Be glad to. I love to mow, I hate to let my grandson mow, but I need to let him so he'll have a chore to do. The problem is neither one of us consider it a chore. But I have an MTD riding lawnmower so it's extra easy. I have a little under two acres. Long story we used to use it for a pasture yrs ago we had horses. Yes I ride. My husband use to break (train)horses.

2:24 AM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

Poor thing! I know you were so pissed at that stupid thing. Be careful, you really could've hurt yourself plus I hear there are SNAKES in your yard!!!!!!!!1

9:20 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Ya, big long ones. I haven't seen it yet. But when I do you will hear the screaming all the way to your house after all it's only about a mile. Yup you'll hear me.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These points can then be traded for in game cash, additional team members or refill of energy points.

If you do not like the fancy logo of your operator, you
could turn it off by using the Nokia hack *#67705646#.
With a little guidance and advice, you can be on your way to a better performing GPS car navigation system.


Feel free to visit my blog hack facebook password free no download no survey ()

3:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0627

nike blazer pas cher
burberry outlet
g-star jeans
ralph lauren outlet
fitflops outlet
bally shoes
oakley sunglasses
pandora charms
canada goose outlet
tory burch outlet






7:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0629
off white
true religion jeans
ralph lauren polo
ray ban sunglasses
baltimore ravens jerseys
magic jerseys
celtics jerseys
gucci handbags
harry winston jewelry
coach factory outlet

6:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mlb jerseys
canada goose outlet
maillot football pas cher
off white shoes
ralph lauren outlet
pandora charms
jordan shoes
converse trainers
ugg boots clearance
kate spade outlet
qe

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker