Sunday, March 19, 2006

WOE IS ME

I hope your weekend went better then mine. Up to this point we have had a pretty interesting winter. I have never seen such a mild winter in all the years that I have lived here. Kinda scary, but nice.

When fall first started it was the normal little chill and leaves falling off of the trees, grass began to stop growing, etc. But that only lasted for a very short time.
Mother nature did a quick U-turn and it warmed back up and stayed that way all through winter, even the grass started growing again. It has been like a very warm spring. Highly unusual.

Although we don't get but an occasional snow, it is usually
so cold here that you don't have to mow the lawn until the following spring. The flowers die and the grass puts on it's coat of brown and gets ready to meet the winter, but this year the grass is still growing and I had planned to mow the lawn this weekend and spend some quality time with my grandson since this is spring break and he will be out of school all week. He has some over night plans with some friends during the week so this weekend would have been perfect to do something outdoors together.

Mother Nature just had to throw a monkey wrench into my plans, after we got home from school last Friday, it began getting very cold, then late that night it began to rain -- and rain and rain. I knew some rain had been predicted but good gosh I didn't expect a monsoon. It rained all stinking weekend, not just a little bit, not just a lot either. It poured down like God had opened the heavens and poured all of the rain that he could muster up on this one little area of the world. The ditches, streets and my yard are all flooded and to top it off the water in the little creek has risen so high it is touching the bottom of the bridge. Oh whoopee the bridge is going to flood. That is my only way out of the little road that I live on, so that lets out going to town.

Oh woe is me, all is lost --- or is it ?
What's wrong with some really good quality time at home. Warm and snuggly. Eating good food, making cookies, picking out old movies that we've watched a million times but still love. Making popcorn, talking laughing, enjoying each others company, sounds good to me.

All is not lost, let the rain beat down we are having fun.

11 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

"some really good quality time at home. Warm and snuggly. Eating good food, making cookies, picking out old movies that we've watched a million times but still love. Talking laughing, enjoying each others company"

You 've said all good things to 've such quality time. Hope you 're doin' good *Smiles*

God bless you....

4:08 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Thank you. Yes, I think talking and even more important listening to what children have to say, especially when they are teenagers is very important.
The weather here is terrible how is the weather there?

4:22 PM  
Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

I'm enjoyin' weathr here. It's been rainin' for last 2 days 'n' it's my favorite climate. And yes, talkin' to Teenagers 'n' listenin' to them is so important.

It's the age when kids get their personality built. *Smiles*

God bless you.....

5:58 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I love spending time at home, just chumming it up!

7:01 AM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

Spring time posts are contagious. It seems everyone is blogging a Spring post lately. I did mine today.

Hey, pass the popcorn. I'm starved!

11:49 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Diamondkt,
O.K., I'll even let you pick out the movie.

6:47 AM  
Blogger mojoala said...

Spring break so far has sucked for a lot of people. Rainy and cold.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Id it is said...

rain's ok, but what about the cold?! We are still in the grips of freezing temperatures in the NE. It just doesn't seem to get over, even though Spring's officially in.

1:47 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
It's very cold here also. I guess we are having our winter in the spring this year because we had spring all winter. It's a first.

2:43 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

I wanted some snow!!

9:14 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

fairgirl,
Me too. We get so little of it that it's fun when we do get it. Except for that time when FWL was a baby and it put the electricity out for two weeks. Do you remember that?

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker