Monday, February 05, 2007

A SOLDIERS SPEAKS - PART 2

When I asked this soldier if I could borrow his post, he left me his permission in my comment section along with his opinion on the situation in Iraq.
He was stationed in Iraq,I think more accurately Bagdad and lived with the caos around him. I think he is intitled to his opinion and frankly I would rather hear some first hand opinions then a lot of hear say.
**************************************************
Capt. C said...

I have been in the room with the current President of Iraq and only one other person was with us. I have spoken to him one on one. He (at that time - which was about 6 months ago) had no intention of doing much. WE (the US) are paying him a ton of money. As soon as we leave, he will either be killed or loose the election (whatever that means over there). So, why miss up a good thing?

The people of Iraq (for the most part) understand only one thing - DEATH! Saddam understood this. Those people did what Saddam said out of fear. Weather you like it or not - doesn't matter. The people of Iraq obeyed him. When we took Saddam out of power, the people of Iraq converted to the only logical thing (for them) - KILL!

Look at the facts - Saddam in power = no car bombs, no deaths (except what Saddam and his sons did). Saddam out of power = caos!

Of course, there is so much more, but I don't want to take up all your space! ha! Also, feel free to use any of my stuff (you can even use my name. I am not a shame)

6 Comments:

Blogger Capt. C said...

Don't get me wrong, there are so many good things that are taking place over there in Iraq. However, we (the US) could have done it without going to war (or costing 1/2 trillion dollars or the lives of 3000 Soldiers).

I totally support our troops (I am not a big fan of the war) - but I am very dissapointed with our leadership.

tlc

5:08 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Capt. C,
I think everyone will understand, everyone pretty much feels the same way. Help in other ways would have been better then us sending troops into what appears to be their own internal war. But I'm glad that you came to clearify that point.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

It's a sad war .. sad and a false war .. and what's even more sad? That it happened and no one could do anything .. Bush even got elected for a second term .. comon !! too late now !

6:06 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Nabeel,
I agree. Frankly I don't know how he got to be President the first time, let alone the second time.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this a common feeling there in US?

Shirazi

9:41 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Shirazi,
I'm afraid so. It seems that he got the votes to become the President, yet everyone I know or run into seems to dislike him. During his first election there were many rumors that the votes were fixed in florida where his brother was the governor. During the second election many of the voting machines broke down in Florida at the last minute and people were told that they may as well stay home, Why? You can still vote, by hand ballet. I do not remember which state but also people were being anonymously called and told to stay away from the voting polls. I've never before heard of things like this happening in the US.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker