Thursday, February 11, 2010

SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

Well I'll be. It's snowing here.

We don't get snow here very often. Every so many years 'Mother Nature' surprises us with some snow, so for us it's usually a fun thing something that we don't get to experience very often, but while I was picking up the kids from their various schools I thought I noticed some tiny snow flurry's here and there but by the time they hit the ground they dissolved. However by the time I got the kids home there were lots of little snow flurry's. No big deal, I thought they were still melting into nothingness.

About a half hour later the the little snow flurry's were coming down more and more.
Of course the kids were hoping for no school tomorrow.

Two and a half hours have past now and for the past hour the snow is no longer little flurry's.
The snow is falling in thick heavy sheets of snow flakes and they are no longer melting as they hit the ground.

I looked out my window and watched my yard slowly turning from greens and browns to patches of white that are becoming bigger and bigger and thicker and thicker. Soon my yard will be a bed of white snow.

If this keeps up I think the kids are going to get their wish.

And tomorrow, I can't wait for tomorrow, he he he ---

"SNOW FIGHTS!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Abbas said...

heh was going through some stuff about feynman on my blog and came across this. made me smile.

http://www.abbashalai.com/archives/642

5:22 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Hi Abbas,
Good to know you had a good laugh.
We had fun. It snowed all night the next morning my step granddaughter and my son ( who turns into a big kid at times like this) got up early and had a snow fight. I tried to help her win it, but my son was to fast for us both. He snow balled us both before we could get a good snow ball made he was hiting us with another. I had to give it up. I got to cold after he threw a few at me he grabed some snow and put it down the back of my blouse. I ran home. They just live next door to me.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker