Tuesday, February 15, 2011

HELLO THERE

Hi Everybody,

How is everyone in Blogsville? It feels like I've been out of the loop for a very long time and I have missed all of you so much.
I hope to get back to blogging on a little more regular basis.

We have had a very interesting winter this year. We don't usually have snow, but this year we had more then our share.
The first snow was in December, it didn't last long one snow day is all. But it was fun for my grandson who is now in his late teens and the neighborhood kids that gathered in my back yard to build a Snowman. Teens and Children gathered together to create and enjoy day.

They had a ball, but when they were through and got finished admiring their work they all went home and my grandson came indoors. However after a few minutes of thought my grandson (the perfectionist), decided that the Snowman could be a little bit better and he went back out to make Mr. Snowman a little rounder, a little bigger, a little smoother and a little more detailed.

Engrossed in his work he didn't realize just how cold it really was. I tried to get him to come in but all I could hear was, "when I'm finished Granny."

When he finally came in the arches of the bottom of his feet were black, not with dirt, not with bruises, he had a bad case of frostbite.

Thank God my daughter was home. It was her day off. She knew just what to do. And suddenly she was no longer Mom, she was the professional Emergency Technician that she trained to be.
She flew into action. Just as calm as the professional that she is.

As for myself, I was in shock-- not over what happened, but at how much I did 'not' know about frostbite.

If I had been there alone with him, I would have put his feet in a nice warm/hot, pan of water or had him relax in a nice warm bath.

Guess What--Wrong thing to do!!! Very wrong.

Ask me why and I will tell you.

16 Comments:

Blogger Georg said...

Hi Exseno,

Though I am living in a country where it can get quite cold in Winter, I don't have a very clear idea as what to do.

I would just rub to reestablish blood circulation but that hot water idea seems good, too (if some is available, sure).

So just explain what to do.

Georg

12:00 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Hi Georg,
If you have frostbite you want dry heat not wet. Hot/warm water kills the skin tissue. You want dry heat,very mild dry heat. In the case of my grandson, my daughter had him put his feet on a heating pad that had a very low setting. In one hour his feet were back to a normal color and all signs of frost bite were gone.

I do the same thing Georg, when my hands fell icy cold I rub them together too. It works very well.

6:02 AM  
Blogger thirtyish single said...

Hi,
Just dropped by your neighbourhood and was pleasantly surprised to learn you're a grand ma (no offense); its just I don't know any granny around here who blogs...not that I know many people!

Will drop by again I assure you.

I'm kinda new.

Have fun!

8:40 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Hi thirtyish single,
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to make a comment.
It's always nice to meet and make new friends.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

Hi EXSENO,

I am so glad your grandson is OK -- that his mom knew just what to do. I have learned an important message in reading your post. Bless you!

By the way, our friend Shirazi is celebrating a birthday today. I hope you have a great week.

Deb

8:55 PM  
Blogger The T-Dude said...

Wow...quite an adventure! I'm glad everything turned out okay. And I'm glad I read that, I learned some new and useful!

9:32 AM  
Blogger How do we know said...

hello.. pls do come back again.. we have missed u a lot too..

1:32 PM  
Blogger EYE said...

very interesting I thought one had to put the body part in warm water in case of frost bite...will keep this in mind.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Id it is said...

Good to see you back Exseno!!! I too am not blogging as much these days, especially since Twitter happened : )

1:11 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Hello and welcome back! I received your message and was delighted to see it! I have been missing blogging and you have encouraged me to get back into it! It will be nice to "catch up" with you :-)
I tried to leave a comment with your latest post but it wouldn't let me. I hope you find this and come on over for a visit!
Shannon

7:09 AM  
Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

Hey, EXSENO! I tried to leave a comment on your post, "I'm Baaack," but I couldn't. Just wanted to say I'm glad you've returned to the blogosphere! It's a much better place now. :-)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Georg said...

Bonjour Exseno,

I tried to comment on your last post but could not. Maybe because there is no "post a comment".

It might be interesting to know which one of these games you like most.

It seems women are generally not very interested in computer games, the industry tries hard to change this. So let's hear what you like and I'll have a look.

Georg

11:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors outlets
michael kors factory
michael kors outlet online store 49.00 outlet
Michael Kors Flagship Store
Michael Kors Shop
Michael Kors Bags On Sale
Michael Kors Necklace
Michael Kors Online Sale
Michael kors Hamilton
Michael Kors satchels
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
2015 michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet stores
michael kors outlet online sale
michael kors outlet online
michael kors sale
Michael Kors Wallet
michael kors purses
michael kors purses
michael kors bags
michael kors tote
macys michael kors
michael kors uk

9:02 PM  
Blogger شركة تنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات said...




شركة تنظيف مجالس وكنب بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف موكيت وسجاد بالجبيل

شركة تنظيف خزانات بالظهران
شركة تنظيف مجالس وكنب بالظهران
شركة تنظيف موكيت وسجاد بالظهران

شركة تنظيف موكيت بالدمام بالخبر
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام بالخبر
شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام بالخبر

شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف موكيت ومجالس بالقطيف

6:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


شركة تنظيف بالرياض رخيصه
شركة تنظيف بالرياض مجربه
افضل شركة تنظيف بالرياض
ابى شركة تنظيف بالرياض

تنظيف فلل بالرياض
تنظيف كنب بالرياض
تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
تنظيف وصيانة مسابح بالرياض

8:42 AM  
Blogger على محمد said...


شركة تنظيف كنب بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
شركة تنظيف كنب بالخبر
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالخبر
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالخبر
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker