Tuesday, October 26, 2010

WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT ???

I read about Halley's Comet coming through sometime between October 19Th and October 22nd or 23rd, and since it only happens every fifty years or so I really wanted to get a glimpse of it.
After all I certainly won't be around long enough to get a second chance.

Fifty years from now, I would be a hundred and sixteen years old a miracle in itself and frankly as forgetful as I am already, I doubt very seriously at that age, even if I did make it out the door to sit on the steps I would probably forget why I was out there.

Supposedly the best time to view the comet was just before dawn, so I took my one and only chance at viewing this once in my lifetime Sky watchers dream.

I also read that in the south it would probably be viewed best between the twenty-first to twenty third. So I played my own little Russian Roulette and picked the twenty second.

So on the twenty-second at about 5:30a.m. I went outside and sat on my front stairs and waited.

I didn't bother to drag out a telescope.

It was so beautiful and the sky was so clear I couldn't have cared less if a saw a comet or not.

I was consumed in the beauty that I was starring at, at that moment.

The moon was to my right. It was a full moon and it looked extra large, putting off a glow that in itself consumed a good part of the sky around it.

I looked away and turned to my left. Without the glow of the moon in my eyes I could see how full of stars the sky was. I also saw a pattern of some sort made of stars. They were far apart but very definitely a zigzag pattern.

And then it happened, zooming through the sky and right through that zigzag pattern and then on it's way across the sky went something that looked like, what I call a shooting star. I'm not knowledgeable enough about star-watching to know what it was, so I pose the question to you.

What do you think it was?

Was it just that, a shooting star?

Could it have possibly been Halley's Comet?

Or Perhaps even something else?

4 Comments:

Blogger Id it is said...

Strange that you saw exactly what I did; except that I saw it around 1200midnight while I was driving into Dubois MI !
However, like you said, comet or no comet, that experience of being one with the sky was priceless so enjoy : )

11:50 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Yes, it truly was one priceless experience, and I'm glad that we shared it.
You describe the feeling exactly, "that experience of being one with the sky".
Perfect!

8:11 AM  
Blogger شركة تنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات said...




شركة تنظيف مجالس وكنب بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف موكيت وسجاد بالجبيل

شركة تنظيف خزانات بالظهران
شركة تنظيف مجالس وكنب بالظهران
شركة تنظيف موكيت وسجاد بالظهران

شركة تنظيف موكيت بالدمام بالخبر
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام بالخبر
شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام بالخبر

شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف موكيت ومجالس بالقطيف

3:46 AM  
Blogger شركه نظافه بالدمام said...


هل تبحث عن شركة متخصصة فى خدمات التنظيف بالدمام بافضل المعدات والسوائل وثقة تمة فى العمل ودقة فى النتائج كل هذه المميزات توفرها شركة الجنرال الشركة الافضل والامثل فى الخدمات المنزلية بالدمام وبما اننا الشركة الافضل والامثل بدون منافس سوف نسعى لتوفر افضل الخدمات باقل تكلفة وبقدر كبير من الاهتمام والدقة عزيزى اينما كنت فى اى منطقة ا وحى تابع لمدينة الدمام اتصل بنا وسوف نصلك فى الحال شركة االجنرال للخدمات المنزلية
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام

شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام

شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام ومجالس وكنب وشقق

شركة مكافحه نمل ابيض بالدمام بافضل المبيدات

شركة تنظيف مجالس وكنب بالدمام بافضل مواد التنظييف

شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام مع التعقيم والغسيل

شركة تنظيف سجاد بالدمام بالبخار

شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام وفلل وقصور

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker