Wednesday, March 16, 2005

GIVE ME YOUR INPUT BUT PLEASE BE NICE

Before I even begin this topic, let me clarify something about myself with you, I am a registered "Democrat" as were my parents, however I never vote for a person just because they are running on a democrtic ticket. I always try to learn about both candidates and I have been known to vote "Republican" if I feel he is the best candidate. So I hope that those of you who are loyal republicans don't automatically hate me. I will respectfully , respect your opinions as I hope you will mine.

I did not vote for Mr. Bush, for now let me just say that I disagree with some of his views highly, (I'm not talking about "war"), other things. If it makes you feel any better I didn't like Mr. Kerry either, just a "gut" feelling (ha ha , my delima) So through the whole campaign I was hoping someone else would pop up out of the blue a little better -- from either party and I probably would have voted for him, but that didn't happen so I did what most "homing pigeions" would do and voted for my party. That being said lets get on with it.

So, once again I'm listening to the news while sitting here trying to make friends with this computer, (still trying to learn) and what comes on but a "news press" confrence with President Bush. Welll of course I have to listen. And I found it, to say the least, very interesting! I watched his last press confrence and every time he was asked about the social security issue he would hedge as to what his plan was other than to privatize it. And once again at this press confrence he was asked point blank about his S.S. plan, he hedged a little, (he hedged a good bit), the reporter presisted in asking, "what is your plan" and I must say to his good Bush replied in all honesty -- "I do not have a plan." For me that was revilating. For one brief moment I could not believe he said that. Then he went on to say that he did not have a plan it was just a thought he had. He never made a plan and he needed help from both sides to work out a plan. He does'nt want it to be just a republican or just a democratic plan, he wants both sides to work on it together. He feels it will take both sides working together to accomplish any plan. And that he does not want to abolish S.S., he wants to fix it, and the private pay accounts will be a choice not a manditory thing to replace S.S. You can choose to do it or not choose to do it. (What happened here did somebody shake thier finger in front of his face and say you have to conduct a better press confrence or what?)

Well by now I am shocked and I must say "THANK YOU" Mr. Bush. Thank you for your honesty I have a newly found respect for you. I am even proud of you! I can't believe that I'm saying this but I do mean it. Because ever since this whole private pay thing came up I have been wanting to know what the plan was also. I kept thinking to myself and out loud too, how can anyone make a decission on this if they don't know what the plan is.

There is still one thing I will want to know and that is if this plan for these people who choose to do it will replace S.S. or will it be in addition to S.S. so that they can cut the rates to compensate. It might not be a bad idea after all????

I totally would love your input on this: What do you think about S.S, what do you feel about Bush. Inlighten me. But I beg of you have mercy on me, because I am not a well educated person so if you are to political I may burst my brain trying to understand.

There are still many other issues that I highly disagree with him on. And he is unbending on his views and so am I. To bad.

4 Comments:

Blogger David Stehle said...

I'm liking your blog more and more and that is coming from someone who does his own blog, but very rarely reads anyone else's. :P

Bush has been critized for saying some rather "unintelligent" comments. In all fairness I think he comes off as dopey to alot of people because many stereotype southern accents as dumb and I think we can all agree (democrat or republican) that he isn't the best speaker. With that said, I agree with you that you have to hand it to him for being brutally honest. Ok maybe it was a "dumb" thing for him to admit, but at least he was honest unlike "I did not have sexual relations with that woman". I think we all (democrat or republican) can also agree that politicians in general are a shady bunch. So you have to take whatever they say with a grain of salt.

Now what is my feelings on the SS issue? Well I had good professor in college for an investment course and he put it to us rather straight - don't plan on having SS when you retire. I agree. I am still in my 20s, but in no way am I relying on SS to get me thru my golden years. Since I'm still young, I'm working hard, saving, investing my money in stocks and mutual funds and relying on THAT to get me by once it's time for me to kick back in the rocking chair.

Now if you are already retired or reaching retirement, then my prof's advice is probably a little too late for you. So I don't know what to say there, but if you are still young, then don't rely on anyone or any government to take care of you. You need to fend for yourself because no matter who is in office at the White House, I don't think much if any SS cash will be there when the day comes. Sad.

Speaking of retired people, my Grandmother once gave me this advice...never discuss politics, religion or abortions issues unless you are ready for a heated debate or possible argument. I hope you don't have that problem here. I know what it's like first hand to have people on a blog (who are just about complete strangers) bash on you for no reason. Good luck!

12:37 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

I'm not young but I do have some stocks.

Your Grandmother was right. I've given that same advise a few times myself. And look what I have gone and done "Open mouth insert foot. I'm afraid I might be opening a "Pandoras box" with this post. we'll see?

I'm very greatful that you are kind enough to visit my site. I vist yours every day to see what's new.

Your kindness the first time I visited you site is what gave me the courage to continue with my site. Thank you!

12:24 AM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

Wow, that is very nice of you to say. Thank you! I had created a blog several years ago and maybe worked on it a handful of times before giving up. It's kind of hard to get it going without feeling like it's "dumb" or "lame" or a few other terms I thought about my own blog. Plus you are hesitant to write about personal things in fear of embarrassing yourself, sounding pathetic or being too public = allowing everyone to know your business.

It's taken awhile to get use to and I think I am finally finding a happy medium between keeping things personal enough to keep people interested, but not too in depth to allow over exposure of my personal life. I'm not sure if I worded what I wanted to say there correctly, but hopefully you know what I mean. ;)

By the way, I'll admit the other day I read your post about making a new friend and he is having some hard times...in a way I thought maybe you were talking about me. But then I thought, no she doesn't know me and I'm being a little cocky in thinking that post was intended for me. So I'm not sure if it was for me or not, so that is why I posted what I did. I hope I didn't just embarrass myself now by admitting that to you.

(Don't be hesitant to post on my site even if there are a bunch of other people commenting. I don't know all of those people anyways, so it's open to all. Sorry if this comment showed up more than once, ran into some Blogger errors when posting.)

7:39 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

No it was for someone else, but I added you. I Didn't know that you were having a problem , although I did notice a while back that you obviously had a broken heart. Hope that's not the problem?? Because I found something out a long time ago. If it didn't work out it was'nt meant to be. I'm sure you've heard that before--but----

It was'nt meant to be because there is someone out there in that world that will knock you off of your feet. She'll be your true soul mate and all past hurts will finally go away. That's a promise!!

I could elaborate, but I'll just say -- Trust me , I know from experience.

And by the way please don't take down your site. Your to good at it.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker