Wednesday, May 25, 2005

GRANNY FOUGHT LIKE A TIGER

HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEWS TODAY ??

Woman Calls 911 With Pizza Complaint Wed May 25, 7:08 AM ET

An 86-year-old woman was jailed after police said she called 911 dispatchers 20 times in a little more than a half-hour — all to complain that a pizza parlor wouldn't deliver.

Dorothy Densmore was charged with misusing the 911 system, a jail spokeswoman said.

She told dispatchers Sunday that a local pizza shop refused to deliver a pie to her south Charlotte apartment, said Officer Mandy Giannini. She also complained that someone at the shop called her a "crazy old coot," Giannini said.

Densmore wanted them arrested. Instead, police came to arrest her, and she resisted, Giannini said.

It's unusual for someone to face charges for nonemergency calls, Giannini said. But on Sunday, Densmore kept calling 911, even after she was told to stop, Giannini said.

When an officer arrived at her apartment, the 5-foot-tall, 98-pound woman attacked him, Giannini said. Densmore scratched him, kicked and bit his hand, she said.

Densmore also is charged with resisting a public officer and two counts of misusing the 911 system, jail records show.


** I really think this could have been handled a little differently, or at least I hope it could have. The old lady is obviously senile did nobody notice and she might not have fought back if they had not tried to arrest her right of the bat.
I realize what she did was wrong and something needed to be done. But why not try asking her some questions, the name of a family member. She might have been friendly with a neighbor that could have helped. I guess it was just faster to arrest her.

What do you think ? If you were the officers sent to the house, would you have arrested her immediately or -------You fill it in: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ???

8 Comments:

Blogger David Stehle said...

Lol, that is great! She is just a year older than my Grandma. I love it!

So what would I do? I wouldn't arrest the lady, I would sign her up for a contract with Don King! :P

3:19 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

That's a good one! lol
Wish I'ed of thought of it.

3:23 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Oh, poor Granny , Nick that's a cold shot.
I hope they don't send someone like you after me when I get senile.
I am also only 5' tall and weight 100lbs, so they better be ready. All us little women pack a mean punch. lol

3:48 PM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

EXSENO I had no idea you were so little. I bet I could curl you with one arm - haha. :P

11:49 AM  
Blogger Tor said...

I'd think the easy thing to do would have been for the dispatcher to calmly give the non-emergency contact number for the police and let some desk sergeant take care of it. The story just says they told her to stop calling 911. There's a move afoot to institute a non-emergency public safety number similar to 911 to keep the emergency lines free from troubles like these. I don't generally like new gummint programs, but in this case, we might have no choice.

1:50 PM  
Blogger lizzyjane said...

I would bring her the damn pizza, that's what i would do! She's in her 80's for god's sake.
Can't somebody appease a little old lady once in awhile?
Sorry i haven't been around lately!

7:26 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Diamond,
What does curl mean?? And I'll tell you it you can. If it's the same as deck, you might be surprised. he he he

Nick,
Of course I care helps to know someone a little more. How did the job interview go??

Tor,
I agree, and the dispatcher handled it all wrong. I heard the tape the first thing she told the poor sinile lady was . "It's not my problem ". How about that.

Lizzy,
I had the same thought, but that would have been to much trouble , easier to slap the cuffs on now days. Like the little 5 yr. old girl in school. Call the police to arrest her, insead of her parent, pretty bad.

6:22 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors, oakley pas cher, kate spade handbags, ralph lauren uk, ralph lauren pas cher, north face, michael kors, michael kors, burberry, hogan, hollister pas cher, nike roshe, sac guess, ray ban pas cher, ray ban uk, coach outlet, true religion outlet, air force, coach purses, nike roshe run, lululemon, coach factory outlet, coach outlet, timberland, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, nike blazer, nike free, nike air max, hollister, new balance pas cher, vans pas cher, nike free run uk, nike air max, lacoste pas cher, louboutin pas cher, air jordan pas cher, michael kors, sac longchamp, north face, true religion jeans, abercrombie and fitch, tn pas cher, air max, longchamp pas cher, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, mulberry, hermes, nike air max

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker