Saturday, May 07, 2005

RUIZ GOT A BUM RAP


RUIZ vs TONEY Posted by Hello


RUIZ DESERVED MORE CREDIT THEN HE RECEIVED


Last saturday I went to Wally World (Wal-Mart) with my daughter to do some shopping, just a boring sat. night so we took our time and enjoyed. When I got home my grandson said you just missed a fight. "What", I couldn't believe it. I thought he was mistaken. There was no free HBO fight scheduled for last saturday. So my conclusion was that I probably didn't miss anything , maybe a re-run. And then sunday my daughter and I are sitting in the living room and I see HBO sports. We didn't think much of it . Thought it was just some reviews and low-and behold, here comes the Ruiz-Toney fight. I swear I don't know what happened but it was suppose to be on "paid preview" --but there it was for free on HBO. Hey I'll take it anyway I can get it and for free seemed good to me .

Now as some of you know I've been away from boxing for a long time , so everyone is new to me and this is the first time that I am seeing either one of these boxers. So here comes Rd. 1 , it sucked Ruiz is a clincher, I know, I know they all hang on once in a while, but this guy is a clincher - BIG TIME- and I am yelling , you need to quit boxing and go into wrestling you jerk. Then he tryed to land some punches and totally missed Toney's head completely . But guess what it turned out to be (out of the few fights I have seen so far) the best one and Ruiz did not get the credit he deserved.

Is he clumsy? It appeared so. Did he clinch a lot ? Yes, more so in the first few rounds including a lot of punching on the back of the head. The Ref. was on it tho. A few words for the Ref. I got tickled , he reminded me of someone training their puppy. He deserves 5 stars***** he finally got Ruiz house broke if he even started to clinch , you could hear the Ref yelling no, no, no, good boy , good. Well, back to the fight. Rd. 2 was punch for punch for evey punch Toney landed Ruiz counter landed a good one. In fact at the end of Rd. 2 they were tied. I'm thinking I could get into this kind of fight! It was that way right up to the last round.

Toney kept banging away at the body, while Ruiz was landing some good head shots. I have to say Ruiz appeared to take thos body blows well. Even tho his side was brusing he never flinched. You know how some guys will kind of be pushed back a little by a punch. I never notice that with him, (body or face) he stood his ground. By the last couple of rounds Toney looked tired, they both did. But let's go back to Rd 7 for just a minute----


In Rd.7 Ruiz went down. Not all the way , his butt never hit the floor his glove held him up. They called it a knock down. I was so mad (still am), Ruiz didn't go down because of the punch Toney landed he went down because when he stepped back with his left ft. ,Toney stepped on his right ft. I mean his whole foot was on the top of Ruiz 's foot. They showed the replay over and over and it was very clear, but they would not do away with the knock down ruling. CAN SOMEONE PLEEEESE TELL ME WHY???

When it came time for the final decision I have to say I was disappointed. I thought it should have been a draw. But my gut feeling told me no way not with that knock down hanging over Ruiz's head. My daughter kept saying she thought it was going to be a draw. I don't know how many points they take off, or add to a fighters knock down, but in my book it was a pretty close fight. One of the judges score was -- 115-110 sounds pretty close to me. What about you??? Makes me wonder what it would have been had they done away with that knock down??

You know I thought I saw a pretty good fight sunday afternoon. But I think I'm the only one to see it that way. Most of the reviews didn't have much to say about Ruiz but they spoke about Toney like he really creamed Ruiz. What I saw in Toney was a very out of shape, pot bellied, not muscle bellied (like grampa's beer belly) fighter. And no matter how easy he tried to make that fight sound after he won, I say , he's full of it.

Can't wait to see him fight again , he better be in better shape next time or he might not hold that title for long.

4 Comments:

Blogger EXSENO said...

I know what you mean I love it.

I didn't know how much I missed it until I accidentally happened upon one. Do you have satilite. If you do --not all of the boxing is ppv. some of it comes on HBO if you have that in your package, and you don't have to pay extra.

So if you have satilite with HBO on your package go to your computer then type in- HBO: Boxing - and there you will fnd the schedules for the month. But it normally only comes on free once or twice a month. This fight was a ppv fight I don't now why it came on the regular HBO.

I won't pay for it either.
I would be nice to see what your point of view is on some of these fights.

12:48 PM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

HBO will re-air some of the bigger pay per view events. I believe it has something to do with contracts. Meaning if an HBO exclusive fighter like Roy Jones JR is to fight, he has to fight via HBO or on an HBO affiliated pay per view. Most of the time, save your $50 and don't watch the pay per view. Avoid the news for about a week and the fight will be re-aired for free on HBO the following week. I've seen that happen many times before I finally caught on and stopped ordering the pay per view events.

Tyson vs Holyfield was interesting because Tyson was a ShowTime fighter and Holyfield was an HBO fighter. They fought on pay per view, but then it was aired on HBO the next weekend. I think that particular fight also had something to do with the whole Don King Promotions. Confusing to explain, but hopefully some of that makes sense.

12:43 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

If you mean Don King had something to do with the fight I watched, Oh ya it was one of his promo's.

You mean I've been missing some fights that I could have been watching??? Darn!!

3:04 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

pandora charms, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, ugg pas cher, moncler outlet, vans, thomas sabo, canada goose, barbour, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen, hollister, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, moncler, pandora charms, ray ban, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, canada goose, supra shoes, louis vuitton, barbour jackets, ugg boots uk, toms shoes, moncler, converse outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, sac louis vuitton pas cher, doudoune canada goose, converse, replica watches, nike air max, lancel, canada goose, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, moncler, doke gabbana outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, links of london, canada goose, gucci, moncler

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker