Thursday, April 28, 2005

I AM RATTLED--RATTLED I AM


I AM SO RATTLED ! Posted by Hello

Well it has been a really POOPY day . I am angry, disgusted, RATTLED and just plain old everyday pissed. And at my own self !!! No one is harder on me then I am. Somewhere up here in my head I know there exsists a brain, except when it comes to blogging.

I don't usually spend a lot of time on the computer all at once. I usually take a peek in the morning at my blogger friends to see if they have posted , takes about a second. If they have I'll go back later when time permits to read their post, that's the longest time I spend on at one time. If it's someone I really like I may check back from time to time during the day to see what kind of comments they are getting, quick trips in and out. I use it as little breaks in between the drudgery of everyday chores.

But today I decided that I wanted to learn more about how to do things HEAVEN HELP ME ! like putting things on my side bar among other things. I spent three hours, three tiring boring hours reading and searching and looking. I read everything in bloggers help over and over, it scared me. I read some stuff someone had sent my daughter to help her, it scared me, then I took a look at my template and it scared the holy sh*t out of me. Everything is in code. It is all coded. I was so afraid of making a mistake, so afraid that I would mess something up on my template and not be able to fix it, that I ended up doing nothing. What a waste of time, I am so disappointed in me. I just don't seem to be able to get it.

This from a woman that when her son had to file for bankruptcy and found out that his attorney was taking his money and not doing a thing for him, (playing both sides of the fence), I went to the courthouse and asked if I could go upstairs and look at the law books. In a matter of hours I had the amunition I needed to confront his attorney with what needed to be done. So I went to the next meeting with him. I politely asked the attorney why we couldn't take advantage of this part of the bankruptcy laws and can we do such and such and his reply was a slow motion "Well I guess we can, I'll have to look it up, bla bla bla." But he did everything I had asked . When we left there my son said, "Mom I can't believe the way you handled that, you need to go to law school." Best compliment I've ever had. Beats me , I can understand law but I can't understand enough to learn to become a good blogger. I am so ashamed.

Well I'm not giving up, but it has been a long and tiring day so I'll just say good night for now.
I am so perklepsed. I need some Chee, I need some meditation.


Oh I know, I don't know how to spell perklepsed, neither do you (but if you do let me know it's my all time favorite word) anyway I couldn't find it in my dictionary and my librarian says if it's not in the dictionary , you can spell it anyway you want to.

13 Comments:

Blogger David Stehle said...

Uh oh, perhaps my psychic powers are working again because I sense you are "blogger frustrated" because you tried to do that little project I had posted about on my blog - the blog backup instructions? If that is what is going on, sorry. I feel bad.

Don't be too hard on yourself. I know easier said than done. I am also alot harder on myself than I probably should be. So I understand how you feel there.

It's not that odd that you can grasp the law material, but then computer stuff seems foreign to you. I dated a girl once who works in the medical field. So on the date she was telling me about her job and needless to say I felt like an idiot because I had no clue what half the jargon even was. I like to think of myself as a pretty intelligent guy. I went to college, have a few degrees but yet I couldn't make any sense of medicine. I suppose if I REALLY REALLY wanted to get it, I would try harder.

Anyways, my point is just because one area of expertise comes easy to you and another area seems like it's impossible to grasp, that doesn't mean you are dumb. There are just some things in life that will make sense to you and other things will just be frustrating, scary and confusing to you. I guess you sort of have to accept that, but that doesn't mean you have to stop trying and quit!

Pick yourself up off the mat and get back into that ring for another round. I know you have it in you champ. ;)

(If all else fails, look at the bright side...it was more important that you understood the legal jargon to help your son than if you know how to link to a website on your blog. So consider looking at it like that and be thankful that when it REALLY counts, you pull thru without a struggle. Also if it makes you feel any better, I haven't even attempted to do that backup blog project yet. I scanned the instructions and there is a good amount of detail. So even "computer guru" here will have to walk thru it step by step.)

8:50 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

No really, I think I can do that, can't wait to put my posts on a disc.
I have two problems to scared of that template to try to put anything on the side bar. And two, found a joke , thought I took it home with me when I went to use it all I had was the name of it, no joke. I didn't copy the URL. That was my own fault. I forgot to read the instructions you gave me just before I tried to do it. Went back after the fact and read them and thought omg that's what I did wrong. But to late, I couldn't find that joke again.

Thank you for the cheer up you're right I did need it.
I admit I'm still upset over all of it but I'm not going to give up . I'm going to be like one of those little tiny dogs that grab onto a man pant leg and won't let go.

I'm not going to quit, I'm to stuburn for that. If it takes a year then so be it. I'll keep on trucking tell it sinks in. Lol that not going to be easy.

9:46 AM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

OKAY

GO to your template. Scroll down until you read "this is a line of text that can be in the sidebar"
That is exactly what it is! It is a space where you can put whatever you want! So paste something there and then PREVIEW it. IF it is wrong "CLEAR EDITS" if it is right--save it! I've learned this way and made many mistakes!! You can do it!!!

10:00 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

O.K. but there is a folder in our pictures files not on the net that says T's templates with little birds in it there is no URL just a number like 399 Dimendions 98x80and type: GIF Image and size 8.56KB and a smaller bird too,do you think I can use it.

How do I get it there?? just type in what I've got and wait and see???

11:57 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Well glad to see you are doing well.
Welcome back Nick, and if you need to vent and it makes you feel better then that's what you should do.

2:07 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

You can't just directly put pictures on your page b/c they have to be hosted or have to use bandwidth to show up. Go to photobucket, start an account and then upload your picture there. It will give you a code for the pic. Now go back to your template and put the picture wherever you want!!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Extra Ordinary Boy said...

per·plex Audio pronunciation of "perplexed" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-plks)
tr.v. per·plexed, per·plex·ing, per·plex·es

1. To confuse or trouble with uncertainty or doubt. See Synonyms at puzzle.
2. To make confusedly intricate; complicate.

6:08 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Hi Matty, Nice to meet you. But the word that I can't spell is pronounced in the way that I spelled it. I think it is a jewish/yeddish expression. Thank you anyway I needed to now how to spell perplexed also.

Come visit again, love to have you.

10:35 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, ugg boots, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike free, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, ugg boots, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, louis vuitton, louboutin, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, burberry, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, tory burch outlet

6:47 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors, oakley pas cher, kate spade handbags, ralph lauren uk, ralph lauren pas cher, north face, michael kors, michael kors, burberry, hogan, hollister pas cher, nike roshe, sac guess, ray ban pas cher, ray ban uk, coach outlet, true religion outlet, air force, coach purses, nike roshe run, lululemon, coach factory outlet, coach outlet, timberland, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, nike blazer, nike free, nike air max, hollister, new balance pas cher, vans pas cher, nike free run uk, nike air max, lacoste pas cher, louboutin pas cher, air jordan pas cher, michael kors, sac longchamp, north face, true religion jeans, abercrombie and fitch, tn pas cher, air max, longchamp pas cher, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, mulberry, hermes, nike air max

6:49 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

pandora charms, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, ugg pas cher, moncler outlet, vans, thomas sabo, canada goose, barbour, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen, hollister, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, moncler, pandora charms, ray ban, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, canada goose, supra shoes, louis vuitton, barbour jackets, ugg boots uk, toms shoes, moncler, converse outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, sac louis vuitton pas cher, doudoune canada goose, converse, replica watches, nike air max, lancel, canada goose, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, moncler, doke gabbana outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, links of london, canada goose, gucci, moncler

6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mlb jerseys
canada goose outlet
maillot football pas cher
off white shoes
ralph lauren outlet
pandora charms
jordan shoes
converse trainers
ugg boots clearance
kate spade outlet
ytrytr

7:16 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

nike shox
zx flux
jordan shoes
nike lebron 16
curry 4
supreme clothing
yeezys
kd shoes
off white shoes
yeezy boost

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker