Tuesday, March 28, 2006

AND THEN A STRANGER COMES ALONG

Every once in awhile someone comes into your life that has an impact on you. Sometimes it's just for a brief moment. Someone you meet on the street, in a store or maybe in a restaurant, somehow a few words are exchanged and a conversation ensues and you may never see that person again, yet they will return to your mind over the years because in some way they have made an impact. They have indelibly stamped their impression into your mind and you almost wish you could run into them again. You even look for them when you go to that same place hoping you will run into them again but alas they are lost forever.

What about your neighbors, are they all friends? Anywhere you live you are going to have neighbors, some of them you will learn to avoid and others will become friends. There are all kinds of friends. There are the ' hi, how are you' kind and the ' let's get together ' kind and then there is that one special person that comes into your life that becomes a life long friend. The one that you can tell your deepest darkest secrets to and know they won't go any further. The one you laugh with when one of you is happy and cry with when one of you is sad. The kind of friend that becomes more like a relative over the years.
A true friend, a friend to love and cherish.

But can you become friends with someone you have never met? Can you love , can you cherish the friendship of someone you have never seen.

I think Blogspot has made it possible to not only meet new people but make new friends and I think anyone who has ever read a post or a comment can see that bonds can be formed with strangers.
We all have blogs that we stay away from and we all have blogs that we migrate to.

But what makes us migrate to the blogs that we tend to go to? What makes us keep going back? At first it may be just the fact that they wrote something that you found funny or interesting so you go back and back again. But over a period of time people tend to revel a part of their selves and their personality begins to shine through and we begin to not only like their posts, but we begin to like the person behind the post.
Suddenly the stranger is not such a stranger anymore and you find yourself caring about them, even missing them if they are gone to long and hoping that they are alright.

I think it is possible to find a persons personality in their written word and I am so glad to have had the opportunity to have formed these bonds, these friendships, with what used to be strangers. Strangers that have shared a part of their selves with me. Strangers that I have gotten to know and care about. Stangers with happiness, sadness, hopes and dreams.

People that I used to call strangers, I now proudly call friends.

10 Comments:

Blogger mojoala said...

Howdy neighbor and my good friend!

How bout coming over for dinner tommorrow?

10:11 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Mojo,
K, What ya cooking. lol

10:18 AM  
Blogger Id it is said...

Beautifully put!
You are right that we tend to gravitate more to certain blogs than we do to others , and i guess it's for a reason...an affinity with the blogger who touches a chord somewhere and therein kindles something akin to friendship.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

So true, you can really see people in how they write about things, the views they lean towards in their writing. I can't remember exactly how I migrated here, but I do know it's because you're a sweet person, and even though we're through a computer writing I have found a respect for you and your knowledge that you share. I feel as if I can ask you advice about things and really trust your opinions. Maybe it is silly though, but maybe it's not....

6:36 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Becky,
Ah,thank you so much, that is such a nice compliment you make me blush.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Exseno, I agree! I have often thought about and prayed for friends I've made over the internet. I have one friend who lives in Canada that I've had longer than any of my other friends I'm still in contact with. It must be because it is easier and cheaper to email than to phone call.

I married a fellow I met on the internet. I do not advise this at all, regardless of what e-Harmony or those other dating svcs say. You NEVER know a person until you've actually been with them awhile.

Another thing about internet friendships is that you can either pour your heart out and never worry about the expressions on the fonts, or you can be as closed-mouthed as you like and people love you for that, too. It is an amazing and wonderful world.

I'm glad you are in it, friend :) Delighted to have met you!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gina,
Good to hear from you, We'll get to that lunch date one day I haven't forgotten.

10:35 AM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

Awww, group hug. :)

Ok, I'll be serious here and say what I really feel...

I don't think it's silly at all what Becky just said about you EXSENO. I can totally see things in you that I've come to admire, respect and become very fond of...in a motherly/son/friend type of way of course. ;)

And remember, you and I are doing lunch one day too. My treat. I don't cook as you know, so we will be dining out.

11:21 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Diamondkt,
Oh I haven't forgotten you at all.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

Such deep Truth indeed!!!!

*Smiles*
God bless you....

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker