Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I HAVE A HANGOVER

I woke up this morning and felt like I had been attacked in my sleep.
Beaten to a pulp by an intruder. My head was throbbing, I felt like someone had hit me in the face with a baseball bat just above the bridge of my nose, which incidentally is running like a faucet. Tears running down my face and I'm not even crying.
Chest heavily doing it's best to pull in some air, while coughing this dry hacking cough by trying to breath by mouth, since my nose is not working, except when I am sneezing.

I don't know which is worse the sneezing or the pulsating in my temples that accompanies each and every sneeze. And believe me when I sneeze everyone knows it.
I don't know what makes some people have a little bitty noise when they sneeze but when I sneeze I think it is heard around the world. It is one of those big uncontrollable ' aaaahchews' that leaves people thinking did that big noise come out of that little woman.

It is the dreaded pollen. Every year it shows up about the same time and attacks anyone and everyone who is volurnable. And I can't think of a sole who is not.

When it's pollen time, it doesn't matter what color your vehicle is, red, blue, or green, every morning it will be yellow. Completely and totally Yellow. Covered in tons of a powdery looking yellow substance called pollen.
It lasts for weeks and every morning I have the agony of a hangover without the pleasure of a drink. Not one single drink. What a bummer!

When I grew up in California I don't remember pollen? I remember smog, but not pollen? I don't know which is the lesser of the two evils, pollen or smog.

I remember hating the smog and thinking how good it would be to get away from it, never feel it blur my eyes or taste it again.

But since I've been away from the smog for such a long time the taste of it has left my senses and somehow I wonder if it was all that bad after all.

It's hard to remember what it was really like, and I wonder, if it's time to trade the pollen for the smog once again?

7 Comments:

Blogger Miss Krys said...

Yes. Truth is Ordinary People Can't Wait did move to ... http://tiopcw.blogspot.com. Some of my kids from my church drama group had gotten a hold of the link, and I didn't think all of the stuff on my site was appropriate for them to see... wink wink

8:04 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

miss krys,
So good to hear from you. So sorry to have lost touch with you, Thank you.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Try a few drinks then. One hangover may kill the other;-)

7:22 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Neel Arurkar,
You would probably be right if I had been drinking, but I didn't. I am sick with a cold and sinus infection, coughing a lot. But thinks I will remember that advise.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Tor said...

exseno, hope you feel better real soon!

My wife has many allergies, and it's always a battle to get the right mix o' meds into her as the seasons change.

Peace...

5:28 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Tor,
Thank you, I'm not sure what I have but I've still got it.

4:02 AM  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

NO! Do not trade pollen for smog. The traffic can kill you, the pollen will go away till next year :)

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker