Thursday, August 31, 2006

THE MURSE, THE MOOBS AND MAN

Today I learned two new words from a blogger friend. But first let me tell you a little about this friend.

I think we all have some blogs that we tend to favor a little more then others and we all have some blogger friends that we sort of become attached to for what ever the reason.
I have one such friend that I have been following for a while. He is one of the nicest and bravest people I have met.
Divorced father of two girls and recently remarried to a wonderful young woman.

Now this may not seem like such a special thing to you, many people divorce and re-marry but that is where the bravery part comes into play. You see he is very ill and if it were not for his tremendous willpower and great zest for life he probably wouldn't be here now.

He has been waiting to get a liver transplant for years but during that time he developed cancer. The cancer has been arrested but now he must stay cancer free for several more years before they will allow him to have a liver transplant. So he is biding his time. If he can hang on for three more years he will be eligible for the transplant. I guess the theory is that they can then consider him cured of the cancer.

But in the meantime his already badly deteriorating liver keeps on deteriorating making each day more painful. Yet somehow he just keeps on keeping on. Every once in awhile he just has to give into the pain and rest for awhile then he's up and gone again.
He makes sure he spends quality time with his daughters and goes places with his lovely new wife, who I should mention has stood by him through all of this for a very long time now. She's pretty great herself.

He carries a big bag, like a back pack with him everywhere he goes, for two reasons he needs to keep massive amount of medicine at all times and of course his play things like iPod and other goodies.

So since he spends so much time carrying a bag around he decided to upgrade to a nicer looking bag and he found one.
Then one of his friend came over and told him it was a murse and his wife told him don't use the shoulder strap or it will show off your moobs.

The post gave me a good laugh and I learned two new words, 'murse and moobs'.

If you don't know what they mean visit my friend 'Ruben' and find out and have a good laugh.
The name of his site is 'Each Day Counts'.

14 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I just knew you were talking bout Ruben, he's a really great guy. I hadn't stopped by his blog in forever, I think it's bout time I go visit!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Id it is said...

That's some courage, and under such trying circumstances!
I too learned those two new words!

1:09 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Becky,
Yes, he's not been doing to well lately so it was good to see him back.



Id it is,
Made me feel old, I thought I was with it. lol

1:27 PM  
Blogger Boomer said...

He made me realise two major things, I should stop complaining and enjoy the moment and I too need to get rid of my tired looking backpack (essential accessory for any self-respecting social worker) Murse here I come !!!

4:22 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

He sounds like a really great guy I weish him all the best.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

is that an owl flapping it's wings (your blog header)?

5:09 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Nabeel,
It's a owl flapping his wings. It's not a part of my header. just stuck it up there later because I liked it.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Medio Pomelo said...

Ruben rulez and so does Megan :) They are an inspiration and Exseno, you are a sweetheart for writing this post. Hugz!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! We're throwing a Charity Event here in Modesto for Ruben and I'd like your permission print and post this blog entry?

7:29 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Megan,
You don't need my permission. I never mind anyone can use anything I write anytime. Good Luck!

5:12 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Great post. Just letting you know my blog is back up and missing your comments...you are one of the few that read it :)

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

12:38 AM  
Blogger xumeiqing said...

151218meiqing
toms shoes
uggs australia
tods shoes
michael kors outlet
uggs for women
ugg boots sale
michael kors outlet online
toms shoes
abercrombie and fitch
canada goose outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
cheap jordans
ugg boots
uggs outlet
mulberry handbags
oakley sunglasses
prada uk
polo ralph lauren
cheap ugg boots
ralph lauren outlet
louis vuitton outlet
ugg boots outlet
michael kors outlet
the north face
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors handbags
ugg outlet store
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton handbags
coach outlet online
fake oakleys
kevin durant shoes
jordan concords
tory burch outlet
cheap jordans
ugg boots
gucci shoes
coach outlet online
adidas originals

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker