Saturday, July 29, 2006

ANOTHER NEW FIND AWESOME

There have been two new marine discoveries . They have named them Opallionectes and Umoonasaurus.
This is a drawing of the Umoonasaurus. They are suppose to have lived some 115 million years ago.
They belonged to a group of animals called plesiosaurs, long-necked marine reptiles. Both creatures lived in a freezing polar sea that covered what is now Australia.

The Umoonasaurus is being compared to the"killer whale equivalent of the Jurassic" period. It is of relatively small size, less than 8 feet long with three crest-like ridges on its skull.

The Opallionectes was much larger, about 19 feet long with masses of fine, needle-like teeth for trapping small fish and squid.

The Australian scientists identified these two new species of ancient marine reptiles, as similar to the mythical Loch Ness monster.

Oh joy, oh joy, for a believer like me who has always believed that such things as the 'Loch Ness monster', and aliens could possible exist, I love to hear them describe this new find, as similar to the mythical Loch Ness monster. I wonder how 'mythical' the Loch Ness really is?

In the past scientist have focused more on land creatures like the dinosaurs, finally they are exploring the seas and have recently discovered several new finds which I post on when I am lucky enough to run across one.

Previous post on discoveries:
Here:http://exseno.blogspot.com/2006/03/would-you-look-at-this.html
Here:http://exseno.blogspot.com/2005/11/its-what-found-in-argentina.html
Here:http://exseno.blogspot.com/2005/07/doesn-t-look-like-dolphin-to-me.html


source of information: Yahoo News. Article: By MICHAEL CASEY, AP Environmental Writer

15 Comments:

Blogger Asma said...

nice piece of information dear.. thnx for sharing.
take care

1:10 PM  
Blogger Id it is said...

We can still find the time to connect to our past, and what is more not be ashamed of what we find. This may not be true in the future; I often think of that.
Thanks for sharing.

5:43 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Asma,
Thanks for coming back, good to hear from you.


Id it is,

If you mean as a whole country, I'm sure in the future we will be ashamed of our past, but as an individual, we don't have to be.

We have the right to choose our future path, well -- at least for now. Even in the US, indiviual rights are slowly declining. Or am I the only one that feels that way?

6:27 AM  
Blogger News Staff said...

I discovered your blog today and really enjoyed it. In my heart, I know both the Loch Ness Monster and aliens exist... Keep up the good work.

1:14 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

T. CHRISTOPHER SMITH,
Well thank you for stopping by. Hope to hear from you again.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that is so neat!!!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Medio Pomelo said...

Not the cutest in the animal kingdom, but Im giving a warm welcome to the Opallionectes and Umoonasaurus. It's refreshing to hear of an animal that's just been discovered rather than one that's just disappeared.

Loved the Kiwa from your old post!!! How fury is that??? :)))

1:57 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Dora,
Amen to that. I love a good find too. I liked the Kiwa too. I thought it was kind of pretty but some people thought it was ugly.
Ha, ha wait tell they see these babies they're not the freindliest looking fellows are they.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Mara said...

I'm confused... did they find it alive or dead.

I am such a science/animal freak... I love things like this.

The hubby thinks I'm crazy but I'm actually planning my next shark dive for early next year - he just doesn't understand the facination.

::smooches:;
Mara

6:27 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

They found dead. They are a thing of the past.They found their bones.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Sam!! said...

Nice, informative post :)

Hope u doing fine there.

Takecare.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Exseno. Tommy T here. I was gonna e-mail u but there's no way to do that on here. e-mail me at drogue@sbcglobal.net
If u want that is. Loved your blog. It's neato.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I love Dinosaurs and all that jazz! I always wanted to be an archeologist growing up.

9:40 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Becky,
Guess what, I relished the thought a time or two myself.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

there is so much left undiscovered when it comes to Marine life. The depths of ocean contain creatures that are still unknown to mankind.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker