Sunday, November 13, 2005

IT'S A WHAT FOUND IN ARGENTINA

135-million-year-old crocodile found in Argentina


Here is the computer image of a marine crocodile, whos remains were found in Buenos Aires. With flipper-like feet and a tail like those found on fish, the crocodile is believed to have been about 12 feet (4 meters) long.

It had a high snout, unlike the long, thin snouts found on many of today's crocodiles and large sharp teeth.
Scientists are calling the beast "Godzilla." Its discovery will be highlighted in the December issue of National Geographic.

Actually found by a group of farmers who were smart enough to realize they had found something special, but of course the palaeontologists will get the credit for being able to identify it.
********************************
I for one, strongly believe that things that once existed long ago could still possibly exist in some remote places of today. I believe in the possiblity of the Lockness Monster, the Abominable Snowman and yes, even the possiblity of Aliens.
You know we still have many, many remote avenues which pretty much have yet to be explored. Remote mountains, thick dense jungles, and who knows what still lurks -- under the sea?

Here's a thought -- where do fairytales come from, are they totally fiction?

If a prehistoric crocodile can have features of both a crocodile and a fish, why couldn't a prehistoric horse have wings??

Is it possible that there once was such a thing as a Pegasus or a Unicorn?

Am I a dreamer? I suppose I am, but what a wonderful way to live. I feel sorry for those people who are so practical that they can't take the time to dream a little.

Think about it.

13 Comments:

Blogger saurav said...

oooohhh sooo cuteee. love it...:)

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fairytales have charactoristics of things that were real at one time or another ...think about that....maybe there really was fire breathing flying dragons...wouldn't that have been cool.

4:42 PM  
Blogger mojoala said...

Go here http://bible.crosswalk.com/

and do a bible search on the following words using the King James Version:

Dragon
Unicorn

You will find several references to these mystical creatures.

5:30 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

I see that Mojo, maybe I'm not such a dreamer then. hey?

9:06 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I so agree with you Exseno. That's a really cool post, I enjoyed it, National Geographic is one of my favorite magazines.

9:40 AM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

What's the point of living if you can't dream a little? I think it's good to dream and even better to turn your dreams into reality...or at least you can strive to do so. There is nothing wrong with having a dream and going for it no matter how crazy people think your dream is. EXSENO, let me know next time you want to join me in watching pigs fly. ;)

3:45 PM  
Blogger lizzyjane said...

You are SO NOt a dreamer.
I TOTALLY believe in aliens and strange, undiscovered creatures!
Ooh, you should read this book:

City of the Beasts by Isabel Allende

It is in the Young Adult section of Barnes and Noble, but it is AWESOME and there are lots of exciting discoveries! It is JUST as awesome as Harry Potter.
Allende is a spanish writer, so make sure you get the english translation.

4:55 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

I'll do that Diamondkt.

6:58 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Lizzy,
I would love to read that book. I don't get to a book store very often, but I'll write down and keep in my purse that that I'll have it when I do get to one.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Devilish Angel said...

wow...

9:55 PM  
Blogger Mara said...

I loved this post EXSENO. You're not a dreamer. I believe in it all.. ::grin:: I'm quite eccentric that way.

::shrug:: and quite frankly, I like the way I am.

Many people believe only what they want to because the rest frightens them.

um.. that's all I'm going to say without further incriminating myself LOL

::smooches::
Mara

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even tho you said you're a dreamer... i still think it's totally valid.... one always has a dream to keep him/herself going... without a dream, one can be considered empty 'cuz s/he wouldn't have nothing to look forward to/excited about....

well.. that's what i think... i might be wrong :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

critters like that scare the crap outta me!! That's why I hate to swim in the river---never know what is hiding down there!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker