Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Brrrrr ! WINTER IS HERE, LUCKY ME

Last year we had the dreaded high winds, hail and tons of rain and flooding. So I was hoping for a better winter this year.

I suppose I should count my blessing prior to last year we had several years of really mild winters. I guess it made us all a little spoiled. But I fear that this year is going to be a real booger to get through.

Winter hit hard this year. October and November were so mild that we thought we had it made. Boy were we wrong. Yesterday we had such a down pour that it flooded us in. The good new is that my grandson still could get home from school by riding the school bus to the main highway and walking home through the back way thereby by-passing the bridge. The only problem with that is getting home through the back way can only be accomplished on foot. I walked through the back way to meet him with an umbrella so that his books wouldn't get all went.
Fat lot of good that did me.
The bus driver let him off the bus at a different spot thinking she was doing him a favor but by the time I got to him, he and his books were pretty wet anyway there was a big ditch that was filled with water and he had to jump across it to get to me. He was in such a hurry that instead of waited for me to get to him he threw his book bag across the ditch to make it easier for him to make it across. I could see him I just wasn't close enough to where he was so that I could catch the bag for him. The little stubborn stinker wouldn't wait.

The walk to get back home the back way wasn't much pleasure either as our path was so flooded we were walking in muddy water up to our ankles.
But we made it I guess that's all that matters.

I dread these kinds of winters because it is such a chore to get my grandson to and from school. It would have been a perfect holiday if the weather could have waited until Christmas vacation. Mother Nature has such bad timing. Drats
The good news is before everything flooded I was able to get to the store for some badly need supplies, I was drenched in the rain just getting from the car and into the store but at least for that couple of hours the streets were bearable.

Today it is only '37' digress and the weather prediction is that it will be getting lower not higher today.and snow is predicted.

Oh happy day.

I wish I had grown up in a state that always had freezing winters then maybe it wouldn't bother my so much, but I grew up in California. So all I can say is Brrrr.

Hope your weather is better the mine.

12 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

It was warm today! Almost 60! But it'll be back in the 30's tomorrow. The snow will be coming soon.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Mampi said...

brr brrrrr brrrrrrr is what i loved the best in this post and the previous four posts wher there is only brrrr brrrrbrrrr, not sure if you did it on purpose or by mistake.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Pinku said...

splashing in rain water is fun in the summers but guess not such a great idea in winters....

Its nice and pleasant in Delhi right now....anyways it never does snow here so temoperatures dont sink that low any how....

12:02 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That is a lot of water! I hope you are high and dry and the books dried out o.k. Those buggers are expensive!
I would love it if we would have snow. I can deal with snow and they know how to scoop snow off of the roads...
It's that pesky ice/freezing rain combo that is getting us this year. Tons of car accidents and nothing sucks the heat out of you like walking in freezing rain. Yuck!
I hope it snows for you, looks pretty for a day, then melts and the sun comes back out :)

7:51 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Becky,
I hope you're ready for it. I wasn't prepared.

9:03 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Mampi,
Ha ha ha. Thank you so much I never saw that on there yesterday, but I did have tons of trouble with my blog. I almost couldn't sign into it. Google kept rejecting me and asking me to sign up as a new blogger. The other three blogs have been deleted. So glad you told me.

9:07 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Pinku,
Lucky you. That's the way it is where I grew up. I miss that kind of weather.

9:09 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Shannon,
I agree I'd rather have snow then ice. We have had ice storms here so bad in the past that I couldn't get down my own stairs. and even using a stick as a cane I would slip and slide all over the place. I hate ice storms. They are beautiful the way the ice shimmers on the trees but that's about it.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Id it is said...

It has been unusually warm the last 48 hours and there has been unceasing rain the past 24 hours! very unusual weather no doubt, but what'll make it worse is the flooding that has been predicted in the next 12 hours or so! It would be followed by bone chilling temperatures so driving will be a nightmare!

1:27 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
Oh my, looks like you live where there are seasons too. Right now I think your weather is worse then mine.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Life Of An Emt said...

yeah the weather here is colder than normal i just can't take having to get out and do calls in the cold let alone the rain and cold you know how in the summer time and you go swimming and the water is so cold that you have to catch your breath seveeral times before you can fully get in the water that is what it feels like in the rain doing a call only the weather is cold not hot and your chilled to the bone.. I want to move somewhere it is warm year round!!

8:46 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Life Of An Emt,
I sure feel sorry for you. I think that would be the part of your profession that I would hate the most.
Getting called out on those cold dark nights.
Yuk, I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but all I can think of is, buy some 'Long Johns'. Lot's of them.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker