Friday, January 02, 2009

HELLO AGAIN

It's a new day, a new dawn and a brand 'New Year'.
So what are you going to do with yours?

Are you one of those people that sit down and makes out your resolutions for the new year?
Do you accomplish any of them?

For myself, I stopped making a list of resolutions years ago when I realized I never stuck to my list so I never accomplished any of them.

But this year I did have a thought and for myself it is a great idea.

Instead of making a list of unattainable 'New Years' resolutions, I would give myself this little reminder.
Something I don't think of very often, but I certainly need to remember.
So I wrote it down and put it on my desk so that I would always be reminded of it.

It's a little prayer and I would like to share it with you. It's very short but very profound. I love it but tend to forget about it and it's something that I for one need to remember on a daily basis. It go's like this;

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. "

Wonderful words to live by aren't they.

Courage; Not a problem.

Wisdom; Sometimes I get lucky.

Acceptance; My downfall!

What is your favorite resolution or reminder for the 'New Year'?
Tell me the one that is most important to you?
Have you set a new goal to attain?
Do you usually stick to your resolutions?
If you do you certainly have more willpower than I do.

11 Comments:

Blogger Id it is said...

My favorite reminder: I am human so I am at times, frail, foolish, and fickle; yet always worthy of forgiveness!

Happy New Year!

4:59 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
Oh, that's an awesome reminder. I love it. I need to borrow that one and put it on my desk with my other one.
And a belated Happy New Year to you too.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

This reminds me of something that Benjamin Franklin said, "Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." If I had any resolution it would be that.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Medio Pomelo said...

For a while now I try to stick to very small, doable and practical resolutions for New Year. Last year it was "not to go to work without make-up ever again" (fulfilled with very very few exceptions, which is great from a tomboy-at-heart) and this year it is "avoid having lunch in the (horrible, expensive, unhealthy) office canteen and fast food restaurants as much as possible" which means having to cook more often.

Not very heavy and not too meaningful but they work for me and give me a sense of achievement. Happy new year Exseno, and happy writing! :)

6:46 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Becky,
I think that would make a pretty good resolution or reminder. That at war with your vices I have to work on. I keep falling of the wagon when it comes to doing away with the smokes. I'm really having a hard time with this one. Trying again I will not give up.

7:30 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Medio Pomelo,
I think that a great resolution. What's better then eating healthier.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Life Of An Emt said...

like you I do not intend on making resolutions i can not keep so I made a simple one....just to be happy.. and happiness can come in so many ways =)

7:21 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Many years ago I resolved to never make another New Years resolution. It is the only resolution I think I have ever kept ;-)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

(hit enter too soon)
Happy New Year!!

9:19 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Life Of An Emt,
Me too, me too, me too! We both need to find our happy place and keep it.

4:17 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Shannon,
Ha ha, I think that is the only resolution that most of us have kept. lol

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker