Sunday, December 14, 2008

DID YOU SEE THAT FULL MOON

It had turned into night but still, it was very early in the evening. I remembered that there was going to be a full moon and I wanted to see it.

I went to the door and opened it and looked up
into the sky. The sky was a dark, dark lovely shade of blue.
A few stars here and there but I didn't see any moon at all, let alone a full moon.

I leaned out the door a little and looked to my left
and there it was to my left. It appeared to be so close, almost like it wasn't up in the sky at all, but like a 3-D movie, with the sky for a back drop.

I was shocked. The glow coming from it was so bright that it hurt my eyes to look at it, but I couldn't stop it was amazing. I've never seen a moon that big or hanging so low.
I looked all over the net to find an exact picture of what I had seen, but I couldn't find one so I settled for this one because of it's brightness.

The moon that I viewed in addition to being blindingly bright, had three rings around it. No, not like Jupiter. The three rings were not through the middle they were around the outer perimeter of the moon. The rings had a slight haze to them but the moon it's self was perfectly clear.

The more I gazed at this moon the more connected I felt to it, drawn to it, even mesmerized by it. I felt soothed and calm and a warmth from within. I didn't even realize that it was cold out anymore. Which makes me wonder.
Was it the moon? Was the moon giving me a gift? Was it soothing my inner soul or energizing my body or maybe Thanking me for coming out to see him in his full glory.

Why not. If the moon can effect the 'Ocean Tides' , Why then can't the moon have an effect on humans as well?

13 Comments:

Blogger Life Of An Emt said...

trust me the moon does have an effect on humans......all the freaks come out on full moons I was taking a transfer to monroe looked in the mirror to see a huge disc behind me and shocked to see such a huge moon...this has been one busy shift we hate full moon weekends because of the things it brings all the crazies not to mention the expecting mothers oh yes more babies are born on full moon nights we also had a murder / suicide this weekend the second shooting we have had.. i really hate full moon weekends ..did i say that already? lol I am so ready to come home so i can sleep is it monday morning yet this has been the longest 72 hr shift yet

9:18 PM  
Blogger Pinku said...

Well Life of an EMT has already told you about all the 'lunatic' tendencies that come out thanks to the moon.

Let me tell you about the Indian tradition of using the moon as the conveyor of hope and desire between lovers who are separated.

The full moon is thought of as especially romantic and the Taj Mahal is said to be best viewed on a full moon night.

You were lucky to catch that moon sight you did.

2:09 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Life Of An Emt,
Look at where you chose to work, one of the big crime states. So full moon or not, you're always going to run into trouble working in that state.
If memory serves me right, I believe a while back it was some jerk running up and down the street with a gun.

4:19 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Pinku,
I think I like the Indian tradition of the full moon.
I'd much rather have Love then Ware Wolves. He He

Speaking of the Taj Mahal I read an article about it this week on the net that they are thinking about closing it down or doing away with it. That would be a terrible tragedy Such a beautiful place and so much history to it. I hope they don't do that.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Life Of An Emt said...

Yeah it was this summer I was trapped in a house with a gunman shooting in the streets at someone else parked on the other side of my ambulance Lets not ever forget the memories of officer Chuck wilson and officer John smith that was gunned down on aug 10th 2007 two great police officers that I had the honor of working side by side on many occasions. Yes the town I work in is dangerous at times but you also have to remember that any town and any house any where in this world you go into also has the potential of being dangerous and your life is at stake you always have to keep a sharp eye and be aware of your surroundings in any place you go in. we treat all calls with the same attitude that they all can turn "fatal" in the blink of an eye. sometimes we get relaxed and then something will happen that will open our eyes again. but I love my job I love what I do and that is one of the risks in this line of work. think i need a life insurance policy?

9:59 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I even planned on looking at the moon that night, and I forgot!

6:36 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Becky,
Ninety percent of the time I forget to remember events like that too.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Anisa said...

what a lovely post. we can never underestimate the impact of the natural world on us! i definitely think is has an affect on humans.

1:18 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Anisa,
I agree. How you been doing?

5:06 AM  
Blogger Mampi said...

Thanks for sharing it with us. You, who have seen the real scene has to be deeply affected. Because it left a deep impact on me, just through the picture that you posted.
Nature has its own way of soothing when we are totally lost.
Lucky you.

8:27 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Mampi,
You have a wonderful insight to things.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Id it is said...

Is there a new love interest out there? Your outpourings on the moon are so heartfelt and earnest that it makes me wonder...

1:09 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
Oh Thank You. I needed a good laugh. The answer to your question is "Absolutely Not"! But I am in love with Astronomy and Astrology.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker