Thursday, September 07, 2006

YES, EVERYTHING WAS ILLUMINATED

I have been looking for a movie everywhere that I had been wanting to see because of a review that a blogger friend did on it. I called my local video store, they had never heard of it. I called Wallie World, nothing. Other stores nothing-- nothing, nothing.

I had been hunting for it since July and I was about to give up hope. I couldn't find it anywhere.

I kept complaining about how much I wanted to see it. I had watched the trailer and I was sure that I would like it. It appeared to have lot of comedy in it.
One day my daughter said write the names down of the movies that you can't find and maybe I can find it on my break at work. They have a huge 'Movie Mart' near where she works.
I don't think I ever wrote it down for her but I had mentioned it so often that she remembered it and one day she called me from work and said that she had found the movie I wanted. She said she wasn't even looking for it and it was right in front of her when she walked in the door. Like it just said here I am.
How about that. It was meant to be!

When she got home from work and gave me the movie I asked if she was going to watch it with me and she said that she didn't think she would like it. My teenage grandson and I both wanted to see it so we popped it in. Her loss.

I must say Thanks to 'Id it is' for the review of the movie. I think he explains it better then I could. Click on his site for his review.
Click on the movie title to view the trailer 'Everything Is Illuminated'.

All I can tell you, is that it was a comedy, a drama and a mystery.

We laughed. We wondered? We cried.

We loved it!

10 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I'm putting it on my Netflix Queue now!

P.s. you should try netflix, I haven't gone to a video store in two years! Seriously though, I highly recommend Netflix, they have any movie you can think of. I just watched Willow the other day!

6:53 PM  
Blogger lizzyjane said...

I had a similar experience at the theater last weekend......
Go see Little Miss Sunshine....it was depressing ans seriously hilarious at the same time....

And I rented WIllow thru Netflix too, the other week! Now I'm reading the willow book series by george lucas. Totally addicted

7:33 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Oh ya, I don't know if that is what it is called or not but I found a place where I could order on the net.

7:34 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

You can rent through Netflix? I didn't know that. The site I found you had to buy the movie amd they have a phone number. For me that's good because I don't Put any account numbers on the net. I don't care how secure they say they are.
I'll have to check out Netflix.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Id it is said...

I'm glad you found the movie and gladder that you enjoyed it!


"We laughed. We wondered? We cried.

We loved it!" Those were my exact sentiment at the end of the movie. So aptly put!

2:39 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
Yes, my daughter rented it, but I'm going to buy it. There are some movies that I like to have just because of their meaning or there is something special about them. I think this one fits that category.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh it's a great movie .. and well the series of events that led you to finally getting ur hands on it. And yes it's not classified as comedy .. it's a drama .. and well it has everything.

Its funny that u couldn't find it anywhere .. because here in Chicago u find it everywhere.

8:01 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Nabeel,
Sounds like you liked it as much as we did. No one had even heard of it here.

8:55 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

Try Netflix, I love it. THey have so many movies that we would never get around here.

5:11 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

fairygirl701,
That is just what everyone else is telling me. Sounds good but I'll have to check it out.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker