Saturday, July 21, 2007

ME AND TINA TURNER

Does the title intrigue you? I hope so. I have a true story to tell you, but to get to the part about Tina, I think I need to start at the very beginning.

It started about three and a half years ago, I noticed that my hair was growing so fast that I had to trim it just about every month or so to keep the same hair style and suddenly I had one of those light bulb moments. I actually had what I thought was a good idea.
I decided to let my hair grow before it started to turn grey so that I could donate
it to 'Locks of Love', so I stopped cutting it. After all this might be my only chance, I was doomed to be grey some day, in fact I was over due the rest of the women in my family turned grey at fairly early ages and here I was still dreading that day.

My hair not only grew fast but it seemed like it was getting thicker and thicker. I used to wear my hair long a lot when I was young but as an older woman I felt silly so I would wear it up.
Then out of laziness and the fact that I never really go anywhere but to the school, store and back home, I began wearing it in a ponytail even though I think that looks silly on a older woman too, but it was fast easy and it kept it up and out of my way.
I wore it that way for those three years every day and every night too. I would take it down to brush it and wash it, then I would brush it again at night and put it right back up in that ponytail so that it wouldn't fall on my face when I was sleeping.

Now that you are bored to death I'm sure you are wondering what this could possibly have to do with Tina Turner, well I'm getting to that. Even though we have never met we now have something in common. So back to my hair.

I have very straight hair, straight as an American Indians, straight has a board.
Then I noticed at about eight months into my third year of growing my hair I had a strange looking wave or you might call it a kink, right across the top of my hair, it went from ear to ear and over the top of my head like a head band, just one wave and once it appeared it stayed. When I took my hair down to brush it, it was still there but the rest of my hair was still straight. It puzzled me?
Then the worst happened I began to start getting some grey hair, it seemed like it was coming in all at the same time but it was only on the very underside of my hair the new growth was on my neckline and at the side of my ears and no where else.
My ponytail didn't appear to have any grey yet so I decided it was time to cut it.
I already had several inches more growth then what they required so it wouldn't be a problem.

So I stood in front of the mirror and began to cut my tightly bound ponytail off, but it was a lot harder to do by myself then I thought it was going to be so I got my daughter to finish it.
The ponytail came off and what was left of my hair fell free and here is where Tina comes in.
My grandson came running to see what the commotion was about my daughter was trying to keep a straight face and I was screaming in shock "Oh my God, what happened to my hair, what could have caused this?"
My daughter is trying to calm me down while at the same time trying not to laugh and telling me she likes it, she thinks it's cute. I can't believe what I am seeing in the mirror and I'm screaming "It's not cute, I'm Tina Turner. This is Tina Turners hairdo. You don't believe me look, here it is on this CD" and I show her a picture of Tina on one of my CD's.

Do you see this picture of Tina she's not singing, she's pointing at her hair and she screaming what a mess.
And now it's my hair. Well it was my hair, mine has already grown a great deal, but it's no


longer straight, it's very curly, when it's wet it's at its best the curls look like lovely ringlet but the minute it drys it becomes wild and frizzy,bushy and ugly like an Afro gone bad.
Let's face it people Tina could pull off anything and look good but an ugly old white women with a big nose does not look good with a frizzy Afro.

I need a hair dresser but if I go to a hairdresser, do I go to one that fixes white peoples hair or do I go to one that fixes black peoples hair I don't know what kind of products to put on it to make it look decent.

I need some help. I need some information. I need a hug!

28 Comments:

Blogger How do we know said...

I have no information, but here's your hug (( )). Smile :-)

3:26 AM  
Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

We cut off ponytails all the time for Locks for Love. I would have forewarned you about your hair "bushing" out after it was cut.

Just like you can develop allergies at any time in your life and just like chemo patients who once had one kind of hair can grow completely new hair after they finish treatments, your hair can change several times throughout your life.

Sometimes hormones are the culprit. Sometimes your thyroid can change your hair. And sometimes for no good reason, you have different hair than before. In fact, it is quite common for your hair to change in texture, color, and thickness on an average of every seven years.

Now, how to deal with your frizzy curly hair...

First you need a good haircut with a shape that will flatter the texture. It may need to be longer to "weigh" down the curl or may need layered to "skinny" out the bottom as to prevent a Rosanna Rosanna Danna (<-sp?) look.

Second, you have to have the right products. If you plan to go with the curl and wear it curly then I like Catwalk Curls Rock by TIGI. There is a shampoo, conditioner and styling cream in that line that will help keep the curls "together."

If you want to wear it straight, then invest in a good ceramic flat iron. (Spend at least $100...trust me, it's worth the money to pay for a better one...better for the condition of your hair and your pocketbook because a higher priced iron will have more longevity and a better warranty.) If you go that route and use a flat iron, then make sure you also use a protective product in your hair like Catwalk Fashionista Smooth and Shine or even better yet, S Factor Flat Iron Shine Spray. The S Factor is a little pricey but again, it is something that will be well worth the money spent. That is what I use and just to give you an example, a complete stranger last night came up to me and told me I had beautiful hair.

Last but not least, one of the best solutions, believe it or not, is to color your hair. That is, professionally. Permanant professional haircolor breaks down the tough cuticle of your new greys and the frizzies to allow the color molecules to adhere to the cortex of your hair and is also more conditioning than the drugstore kind. Therefore it softens the friz making it much more manageable.

So there is your information and here is another hug. :)

If you feel like traveling to Pittsburgh, I'd be more than happy to make you beautiful. I hope I was of some help. Good luck with your new 'do. :)

1:26 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Damsel Underdressed,
Can't thank you enough for the info. I wouldn't mind at all trying the curly look for awhile. You know how that go's everyone wants what they don't have so it might be fun if it can be fixed to look nice.
So I'll look for those products can't grauntee I'll find them around here though.

As for a good hair cut, there doesn't seem to be a good anything here. I Fear to let anyone around here touch it.

By the way, what you said about hair changing I believe it. You won't believe this, nobody will, My grey turned almost all back to brown. I know it's impossible to believe I am getting a strand of hair here and there mixed in with the brown but what I was discribing before was a solid neckline of nothing but grey. It's gone. Seems like it crept up on me almost over night and left just as quickly. So I'm thinking it was a vitamin deficiency because I've been taking a lot better care of myself lately.
Or maybe my hair just can't make up it's mind if it wants to be brown or grey. I wish I had a vote in this. lol
Thank You again.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

Wow! I have never heard of someone's hair turning back to brown from grey but I guess stranger things have happened. It probably was some sort of decifiency. I'm glad you are taking better care of yourself. You are very welcome. :)

3:10 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Damsel Underdressed,
Have to tell you Thank you one more time. I found the TIGI site on the net, it's great. Good for my grandson too. Thanks!!!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Sannie said...

HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

damn.. what a story!
I never knew that your hairt can change several times throughout your life. I know it can change after giving birth.






btw... we're not that active anymore on www.happyco.ws but you can find us at www.bonabo.org ... we want to change/do something different with happyco.ws but we have no idea what :D

5:44 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I've never had short hair, well since I was a child and could've cared less what it looked like. I would try to blow dry it, that always makes mine straighter. My hair is straight as a board too, but my smart self went and got a perm so if I let it naturally dry there are all of these waves in it. I can't wait for the perm to grow out.

6:38 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

hot n'SWEET,
I'll be seeing you here then.




Becky,
My hair got dull with my first child, but I guess I'm some sort of Chameleon, my real shock was when I looked in the mirror and my clear blue eyes were green not pretty either what I call a dirty ocean green and they still are.

7:19 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

hot n'SWEET,
I took a look what is that place not a blog. What do you do there, is is like a messanger or something public forum??

7:25 AM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

I need to a see a photo of this mop of yours in question. That way I can have a gut splitting giggle at your expense...oops, I mean that way I can assess the situation and lend help?

Ok, who am I kidding? I can't fix your hair. But fly out to Pgh and look up Damsel Undressed. She can hook you up.

10:43 AM  
Blogger AVIANA said...

hi,

thanks for stopping by...i know keshi appreciates your thoughts....

well this is a dilemma....something odd...i don't know how your hair type can change suddenly after all of these years....

my suggestion is to go to both.....mainly your main hairdresser and see what they say....i don't think it's that big of a problem...just a new one you haven't dealt with yet.....

i hope this helps.... :)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Id it is said...

Tina Turner or any head-turner!
Beauty always lies in the eye of the beholder!

Keep smiling!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

Maybe Diamondkt would be willing to foot the bill of your airfare and your haircare?

Ha! Sorry. Some bad poetry there.

Diamondkt, It's UNDERdressed! Not UNdressed. Ahem. Someone's mind is in the gutter. ;)

5:50 PM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

UNDRESSED is better than underdressed. So I've taken the liberty of renaming you. You're welcome. :)

6:21 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

AVIANA,
Just visited you,read your last post. You can lean on me anytime you want to.
Cheer up girl, by the time you are my age you will have had lots of, (shall we say) new developements. Life is a bumpy road.

1:50 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
I totally agree with that. But I agreed with that more as the younger me. In my older years, if I were rich I would just have to give some of that money up to get rid of a few wrinkles. lol

2:01 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

DIAMONDKT,
I think she hooked me up pretty good. I'm not posting a Picture so for now just picture frizzy, nappy, wild, scary old lady and have a laugh on me.

By the way 'tada' is in the dictionary. It's between 'tad' and 'tadpole'.
Tada!

2:17 AM  
Blogger Asghar Javed said...

Hugs for you. More hugs...

9:14 PM  
Blogger Sannie said...

Hee Exseno....
it's a forum.... we've got: jokes, funny pictures, recipes etc etc etc
TTiSoB (also from happyco.ws) and moredruid are there.
We wanted a place to hang out.. with some online friends and irl friends.... so moredruid and I started our own forum.


HUGGGGGGG

how's the hair?

7:08 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

hot n'SWEET,
Oh, I didn't know it was yours. I went there saw your names on the side and thought you were just making comments. Oppps. I told you I was dumb. So the three of you are back together, I think I belong in the Neitherlands. lol

The hair is freaken wild.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Sannie said...

yeps... we are together again and this time we're really crazy :D
We're doing the same thing as we did with the blog... and happyco.ws.
So you don't have to miss us... you're more then welcome to join us :D

so.... you're still a tina turner look-a-like?
hugggggggggggggg

5:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Here's your hug Granny Num Num's. Dustin said I should call you that, he say's you like new nicknames....if not, then just take it out on Dustin. XD.

11:28 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Hi luke_mushu_2010,
I don't think so, I think I'll have to take it out on you for telling a lie on my blog. Shame.

2:11 AM  
Blogger AVIANA said...

stopping by to say hi ! :)

3:19 PM  
Blogger LeDrew said...

Tina wears wigs

12:48 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Gary LeDrew,
Yes I know Tina Turner wears wigs, but I'm afraid that I got stuck with the real deal.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lebron 12
Nike Basketball Shoes
nike air max 1
nike outlet
nike free 3.0
nike free 5.0 womens
Red Bottom Shoes For Women
christian louboutin outlet
mbt shoes sale
discount mbt Shoes
fitflops sandals
fitflop shoes
Nike Air Huaraches
Nike Huarache Nm
christian louboutin 2016
christian louboutin sale
cheap jordans
jordans 2016
Jordan 5 fire red
jordan releases
coach outlets stores
coach outlet online
kate spade sale
kate spade purses
2015 michael kors outlet
Michael Kors Clearance
michael kors jewelry
Michael Kors Discount
michael kors tote
michael kors wallets
michael kors outlet online

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker