Tuesday, September 23, 2008

AH LAUGHTER , IT'S A GOOD THING

A couple of weeks ago or so, a fellow blogger friend 'Id it is' did a post on a movie that he had watched.
He did a wonderfully descriptive review of the movie titled 'Death at a Funeral' and remarked of his laughter. A comedy, in fact a British comedy . Well that's all it took I knew I had to see this movie.

It had three things in it's favor, comedy, British, and made him laugh a lot. I like comedy and I think the British are one of the best when it comes to comedy, that is one thing that my grandson and I are in agreement on. So last weekend I rented the movie.

Was it funny? Hilarious. Did I laugh? Oh God yes. But I'm not sure what I enjoyed the most, the movie, or watching my grandson red faced and gasping for air while laughing none stop from the very beginning to the very end of the movie. That alone was worth renting the movie.

Thanks Id it is for a very enjoyable Saturday. Those of you who don't know him might want to pay him a visit. 'http://iditis.blogspot.com/' .

O.K. I admit it. I stole part of the title from my idol 'Martha Stewart', so sue me.

14 Comments:

Blogger Mampi said...

i need a good laugh
thanks for the post.

1:24 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Mampi,
I know what you mean. Sometimes we all do.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

British comedies are the best. I love their humor :)

6:17 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Shannon,
If your not familiar with them you wouldn't think so they appear as though they would be very stern people. But I am so hooked on their sense of comedy. They're number one in my book.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Akshaya Kamalnath said...

Droped in from Pinku's blog...it took me a while to get the Brit comedy taste...but I guess I still prefer the American in your face humour and Indian slapstick:D

5:30 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Akshaya Kamalnath,
Any kind of comedy that makes a person laugh is always a good thing.
I like it all.
Thank you for the visit, nice to have you here.

6:49 AM  
Blogger The T-Dude said...

Based on your post...I have to see this film.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Medio Pomelo said...

Funny thing is I am a big fan of the British comedies and I think Monthy Python and Fawlty Towers are the best things invented since sliced bread. However, the film you wrote about I found very disappointing, it was a few heartless hahaha hihihi instead of the usual weeing myself laughing feeling. I suppose it's also when and with whom you share a movie but I'd rather watch Bridget Jones 500 more times than Death at a Funeral again. Glad you liked it though, lots of people did too around me! It must be me I suppose...

3:56 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Hi Dora,
For God sake, don't get me started on Bridget Jones, I love that movie. I don't even know how many times I've seen it. All I know is every time it's on, I'm there. lol

10:57 PM  
Blogger Medio Pomelo said...

Oh me too :)) Must have seen it about 20 times :)) Bridget Jones rulez :))

1:04 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

That Simon Pegg is hillarious! I just loved Shaun of the Dead, and he just came out with another good one called, Run Fat Boy Run.

4:38 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Becky,
I don't think I know him I'll have to look him up.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Id it is said...

I/m glad you got to watch this one! We all deserve and NEED a good laugh every now and again, and in the face of all that's going on in our country a movie /a book that can pull us out of this all-encompassing gloom is like a god-send!
Thanks for the link.

6:57 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
Well I'm glad that you did a post on the movie or we never would have known about it. Thank you.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker