Thursday, September 04, 2008

WHEN DID I REALIZE, I'M A JINX

I have come to the conclusion that I have got to be jinxed. That's all there is to it, I'm a jinx. I can't plan anything without something or everything, going wrong and ruining my plans.

I've never had a yard sale and last summer I decided that I would have one. The best and the only realistic days to have a yard sale around here is on the weekend, so I began planning for it. It rained that weekend. Was that a sign not to have one?
Oh well I thought, I wasn't ready yet so what does it matter. I still have a lot of things to go through. I have to pick what will go and what will stay and I have a whole summer of weekends to pick from. So I continued getting things organized.

It rained the next weekend too. Then it rained the third weekend and the next and the next and the next. In fact, I think the rain made some sort of record last year because it rained every single weekend all summer long. Needless to say there was no yard sale. Oh well I wasn't to disappointed. I don't think I had enough things to make it all worth the effort anyway.

After that summer fall and winter just seemed to blend in together. You really couldn't tell where one ended and the other began. Although there was still rain it really wasn't very cold at all.
I remember opening my big mouth and remarking to someone about how wonderfully mild that winter was compared to the ones we've had in the past. You really didn't even need a heavy coat. Oops, Open mouth insert foot.
Soon after that we had that one day of beautiful snow, but it came down so fast that the school closed early. Oh well, we enjoyed it and by morning it had all melted.
But shortly it was followed by the big hail storm which was then shortly followed by that horrible wind storm that brought with it more rain and downed trees. Some of you will remember my post last year about me trying to get my grandson safely home while dodging limbs and flooded streets.

What is going on here why is it every time I want to do something, something goes wrong. Why is it when I bragged about how much I was enjoying the mild winter, the weather comes back to bite me in the butt. Surely it's nothing more then coincidence. Surely, yes, coincidence.

Want to bet?

This summer it was terribly hot. In the low hundreds. I swore if it rained it would probably come down bubbling like boiling water.
May son asked me to do him a favor. He has two long closets side by side in his bedroom. They take up one whole wall and he wanted me to go through them and get rid of what I think needs getting rid of because he has no room to squeeze in any more cloths in and he can't bring his self to throw anything away. Of course a mother is not going to say no, so I started the task little by little when I had the time and he was at work.

Oh my gosh I've never laughed to hard. He's in his early forties and he still had things from his early twenties. The only similarities then and now shirts and pants, Xtra tall. Suddenly I had this great idea. I can have my yard sale this year. He had so many things to get rid of I could make a killing.

As I was finally organized and ready to do this thing, it rained every weekend. This couldn't be happening to me. Well it not only happened to me but it got even worse. I can kiss that yard sale good bye.

We have been for the past few days getting the after affects of hurricane 'Gustav'.
Even though we don't live in Louisiana we are one of their bordering states. Our schools have had to close and trees have been falling down like they were made of paper and pulling electrical lines down with them. We just got our power back on and our town has had flooding here and there. For myself I have to be the dummy that lives near the creek with the bridge. We got a little more then our share.

We flooded in a big way. That creek overflowed everywhere and found it's way to my front yard where it sashayed it's way more then half way up my yard to my front door to say,
'Hi, It's been a long time Baby'.
He was right, it has been a long time. Five years ago he slithered his muddy slimy old self three feet deep right up to my front door and flaunted his bad self back and forth taunting me.

Now does this not read 'JINXED' all over the place.

11 Comments:

Blogger Pinku said...

hey!!

dont call yourself jinxed please. It sounds so sad.

Am sure the creek is here for a short visit and soon will be on its way.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Mampi said...

This was a funny one.
It has been a while since I visited your blog. I somehow got lost after your last visit to my blog. Now i have bookmarked you and will blogroll you at the first opportunity so i never miss a post from you.

3:01 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Pinku,

Oh I didn't mean it in a sad way. I just think I need to keep my big mouth shut and not verbalize my thoughts. lol


Mampi,
I know just what you mean I loss friends all of the time then I have to find them again.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Rod said...

Hi Exseno
We must be distantly related, I thought this kind of stuff only happened to me. Here's an example. We have had a 3 year drought here in Quuensland which has just recently broken, everyone talks about global warming and el nino..sorry...they're wrong, the drought broke because I bought a new lawn mower which I have yet to use. If I just THINK about mowing the yard the heavens open...3 times I've tried, each time..torrential downpour. So I'm thinking about taking my mower on a tour of the drought affected countries of the world on a good will mission. Some good has to come out of my jinx sometime:)
Cheers
Rod

11:54 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Rod,
OMG. As I was reading your comment I couldn't stop laughing. I have my own lawn mowing story. I should post it and call it (hint), My lawn is a jungle. lol

All right your in. We need to start a
'I'M A JINX' club. lol
Anyone else want to join.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

Did you ever read The Secret or watch the movie? You have to visualize your yard sale in sunny weather. Keep visualizing that until you believe it and trust me, it will happen.

7:29 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Damsel Underdressed,

No I've never even heard of that movie but I'll give anything a try. I have cloths all over the place ready to go.

So in other words the power of mental suggestion will do it for me, hmmm, well then I better get busy.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Maybe if you plan a rainy day sale it will be sunny and bright :) Hope you didn't have any lasting damage from Gustav. We just had a visit from a diminished Hanna and got five inches of rain overnight. It never ceases to amaze me how the little meandering creeks/streams can turn into rivers so fast!

7:38 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Shannon,

We didn't get any lasting damage, but We did have a lot of clean up, tons of broken limbs and power lines.

If Hanna is diminishing maybe we won't get it down this way after all. At first they said might.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Id it is said...

Cheer up! There are good days and then there are the not so good days. However, you cannot stop enjoying the good ones simply because the not so good ones are interspersed in between! In fact the latter are there for a reason to make us relish the good ones even more!
Good to see you back, blogging!

3:35 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,

It's really good to be back blogging. I read your post and I can't wait to rent 'Death At A Funeral'. I love a good comedy.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker