Friday, January 09, 2009

OLD FOLKS

Remember, old folks are worth a fortune, with the SILVER in their hair, Gold in their teeth, and STONES in their kidneys, LEAD in their feet, and GAS in their stomachs.

I have become a little older since I saw you last, and a few changes have come into my life since then.

Frankly, I have become quite a frivolous old gal.
I am seeing FIVE gentlemen every day.

As soon as I wake up WILL POWER helps me get out of the bed. Then I go to see JOHN. Then CHARLIE HORSE comes along, and when he is here he takes up a lot of my time and attention.
When he leaves ARTHUR RITIS shows up and stays the rest of the day. He doesn't like to stay in one place too long, so he takes me from joint to joint.

After such a busy day I'm really tired and glad to go to bed with BEN GAY. WHAT A LIFE !!!!

P.S.
The preacher came to call the other day. He said at my age I should be thinking about the hereafter. I told him, ' OH, I DO, all the time. No matter where I am, in the parlor, upstairs, in the kitchen, or down in the basement.
I ASK MYSELF, NOW,
"WHAT AM I HERE AFTER?" '

Author Unknown

12 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I love it! My father in law is about to turn eighty. He will get the biggest chuckle out of this!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Medio Pomelo said...

Five gentlemen and keeping up? well done, I do envy you! ;) So what's your secret to twisting men around your little finger?? Pls share it with me! :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger How do we know said...

wow!!

12:54 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Shannon,
Well be my guest and copy it and that way you can print it onto paper and give it to him.

12:20 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Medio Pomelo,
Fantasy and senility.

12:25 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

How do we know,
Since you live so far away you may not know that the names of these men are really names of illnesses and medicines. Just a joke from a crazy old lady. But I didn't write it I don't know who the author was.I hope you liked it.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Id it is said...

Loved it! 'Ben gay' and 'Arthur ritis' must be arch rivals, viing for your attention.
Good one.

4:30 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
I believe you're right, but I'm leaning towards Ben Gay.
Arthur's kind of a pain, and very annoying too.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Mampi said...

Thanks for sharing.
Loved every thing about it.
My mom has turned 65 and will love it for sure when she sees this.

8:01 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Mampi.
Well I hope that your Mom enjoys it.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

haha, never thought about it this way. I just think they are worth a lot because of their knowledge and the things they've seen over a span of a lifetime.

1:01 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Nabeel,
So glad that you are back. It's been so long the thought you were gone forever. How are you and Sugarlips doing?

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker