Tuesday, December 27, 2005

CHRISTMAS DAY HAS COME AND GONE

The hustle, the bustle, the traffic, the shopping, the menu, the cooking, the hosting, oh sublime.
Did I say sublime? That's the insanity speaking, there is nothing sublime about being in charge of pulling off the holiday cheer and making it look like it is easy and enjoyable. Then---
while all are ready to sit down and eat you are ready to sit down and faint.

Ah but then there is the dessert to be offered , the presents to open, the wrapping paper to throw out and the dishes to do--and do -- and do.

Surprise, here they come-- the drop-ins the drop-outs the ones that show up in and out.
The joking the playing, the smiles and the laughter, one night of happy ever after.

I look at the faces and I think to myself I wouldn't change one little thing. This special day we celebrate of --- this special day of friendship and love.

Do they remember? I never forget as I peek around the corner where my candle is lit, in front of a picture that once was a gift of a sweet baby in his mothers arms. As the noise in the background fades from my ears, my eyes stay focused on where my heart is and I know that I have to silently say, thank you for caring and sharing in this way. Happy Birthday dear Lord we celebrate your day.

11 Comments:

Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

I absolutely LOVE this! It is exactly as you write it and even though it is a LOT of trouble, I think it's worth it.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Alas, we have survived Christmas. Now for New Year's and all the lonely feelings that usually come with it, or maybe that's just me.... No matter who I'm with I seem to feel a little lonely or depressed on New Years. Well, let's see if I can't change that this year!

9:18 AM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

EXSENO, the things you say and how you see life sometimes, you remind me of my Mom. I think that is why I like ya. :P

1:10 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

I concider that a complement, thank you.

1:23 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Becky,
I'm sorry to hear that, I think of it as a whole new adventure. Twelve new months waiting to be explored.

2:02 PM  
Blogger saurav said...

I wish you Health...
So you may enjoy each day in comfort.

I wish you the Love of friends and family...
And Peace within your heart.

I wish you the Beauty of nature...
That you may enjoy the work of God.

I wish you Wisdom to choose priorities...
For those things that really matter in life.

I wish you Generousity so you may share...
All good things that come to you.

I wish you Happiness and Joy...
And Blessings for the New Year.

I wish you the best of everything...
That you so well deserve.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EXSENO !!!

4:43 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Avik,
this is beautiful, thank you so much, I wish the same for you.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Merry Christmas! And have a blast on the new year day!

4:27 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

You to Neel.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Mara said...

((big hugs to you girl))

I love ya - DNQ (Dearly not Queerly)

Happy New Year!!

::smooches::
Mara

1:13 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Back at ya Mara!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker