Sunday, December 18, 2005

A CHRISTMAS STORY

Twas the night before Christmas
And all through the house,
Little Gremlins were stirring
And moving about.

Little eye-balls a glowing
In the dark it was said
Peeping out of the closet
And from under the bed.

While shivering and shaking
There in their beds,
The children pulled covers
Up over their heads.

Then up on the roof
There arose such a clatter,
But no one would peek
To see what was the matter.

Then a sound like thunder
From the chimney arose
And landed down stairs
With a thud, it was told.

Then braver than brave
Each one they did crawl,
Down the stairway
And into the hall.

Then clumped there together
Round the corner they peeked
To see jolly Santa
With milk and cookies,

And right there in front
Of their Christmas tree
Stood little Gremlins
All dressed in green.

And suddenly it became so clear,
Not Gremlins at all,
But elves you see.

Laughing and talking
And singing their songs
And working fast
To beat Christmas dawn.

So one by one they turned and ran
Back up the stairs
And into their beds.

For Christmas dawn won't come you see,
If you don't go to sleep, on Christmas eve.

5 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Awww... Nice to hear a good Christmas story! Thanks for the peace of mind, Exseno! 8-)

9:22 AM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

Festive!

I thought I would let you know that I got my post on "twenty-somethings" done and up on my blog now...thanks to the inspiration to write it from EXSENO. ;)

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

merry xmas, exseno... *hugs*

11:29 PM  
Blogger Mara said...

Merry Merry Christmas Exseno!! You're such a doll... I love that little poem.

::smooches::
Mara

P.S..... try not to kill me... I tagged you. See my bloggy blog for instructions.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Poor Exseno, double tagged! At least it's the same one, five weird habits about yourself. I rather enjoyed doing it actually.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker