Wednesday, September 27, 2006

ABOVE AND BEYOND

Funerals in Ghana have always been big, noisy, colorful celebrations of the life of the one who'd died -- about as different from a standard American funeral as anything that you could possibly imagine..

The elaborately carved and painted sarcophagi of Teshi were a mid-20th century phenomenon.

What a wonderful way to think of a funeral, 'a celebration of life' and to be able to decide in the fantasy ride of you life, to travel beyond the great horizon.

Now you too can pick the fantasy ride of your life. This wonderful art has been brought to America.
If you were in Fort Bragg, just north of Mendocino, at a shop called Ananse Village, you could say, I want to leave this world in a Shuttle or a submarine or-- well -- you're only limited by your own imagination.

No matter what you call your venture from this world into another realm, whether it be, the happy hunting ground, eternity or the great beyond or heaven, what would you choose if you dared to throw caution to the wind and decide to be outrageously creative .

What would your ride be ? What would you choose to travel above and beyond the horizon, into the great unknown? Telll me about it.


9 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I would fly on Valcor!(the flying fluffy dragon from neverending story!) Ever since I was a kid I just thought that'd be too awesome. Or taking a ride on Buckbeak (from Harry Potter, the hypogriff) looks pretty fun! I would love to have my own wings better yet to fly high above all the world above and below the clouds, right above cities....

That'd be great! 8-)

4:51 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Oh, that sounds great Becky,
I never thought about that. I only thought about what kind of something special would I like to be in, but if I could be on, instead of in something, hmmm.
In that case, I would love to ride Draco, from Dragonheart and if I couldn't have Draco then it would be a beautiful white Pegasus.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

the truth however is that material things don't matter after the life ends .. material things don't go with you .. no matter a fish or a bird .. it's the deeds .. kind ones .. perhaps the person saved or fed a bird once

8:49 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

You are so right Nabeel,that is so true.

9:57 PM  
Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

Nabeel. Yes.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Id it is said...

What a unique way to call it a day!
I'd like my house to be my carrier with my den, bedroom etal!

1:36 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
That's not a bad idea, it would be nice comfy and cozy, I hope it has big windows to view the journey.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Id it is said...

Good you brought up the window bit! I wouldn't want to miss the view on the way!

11:57 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
Ah yes, that would be a shame, it's going to be an incredable ride.

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker