Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I AM ASSUMING THAT I AM STUPID

One thing, one simple little thing, run a search. That's all I wanted to do and it became the task of horror. I just wanted to look for a couple of songs that I liked in an old movie. What could be so hard.

I typed in the movie and I asked for the songs in every way I knew. All I could get was the DVD of the movie for sale.
I don't want the movie. I have the movie.I want the sound track. I made that clear but the search engine apparently didn't understand. I tried Google. I tried Yahoo. I tried 'Ask', which by the way I hate, even when it was 'Ask Jeeves' it never gave me a decent answer. I even took a look at the Webopedia, all it gave me was information on the movie.
At this point I'm yelling, I have the movie stupid, like it could hear me. Yes I admit it, I throw temper tantrums at the search engines. Tell me you don't at least feel like it sometimes?
Come on admit it.

Anyway, I kept typing it in until finally one of them got the message, I wanted something in the way of music,but all it would offer me was the title song.
I wanted all of the songs but I would have taken that one song for starters just one problem all I could get there was the music. Not even the original music and no words.
I wanted the words. I wanted the whole shebang, the lyrics, the music all of it and I still wanted more then one song. So I decided to try a different strategy.

I first viewed the movie many years ago at a theater here in the US, but it was a Greek movie made in Greece titled 'Never on Sunday', so I thought I would go to some Greek sites. That didn't work either. So to my disappointment I had to give up.

I'm satisfied that I'll be able to get the songs on a Greek site by just typing in the names of the songs individually. But I didn't want to wait.
My CD player works fine but my VCR has been tearing up my old tapes or I could have solved the problem today by putting the tape in and getting the title of the songs that I wanted. That's why I had to try to find them by using the movie title.

Oh well you know how it is when you get something in your head that you want to do right now, it's frustrating and I'm stubborn. I wasted the better part of my evening, well all of my evening.
Let's call it impatient. It sounds better then stubborn. And you know what I say about impatience.

Impatience is like curiosity, it'll kill you, so I'm going to take my blood pressure now and go relax.

17 Comments:

Blogger Id it is said...

Not 'impatient' or 'stubborn'; you were simply determined!

1:46 PM  
Blogger AVIANA said...

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your thoughts....

yeah I get like this sometimes, when you have something in your head, that's all you want...no alternatives..

good luck...

I'll be updating tomorrow!

my new address will be www.avianonline.blogspot.com

starting next Monday!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

Did you ever actually find the songs? What are they? I'll help you. We'll find them, lyrics and all. :)

7:03 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
Thank you. Determined would have been the perfect word.



AVIANA,
Keep your Chin up.


Damsel Underdressed,
Oh it won't be any trouble to find the songs once I can view my movie to get the titles from it. That's what is hanging me up. I can remember some of the words to the songs but I only know the title of one of them. I'll get them later.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

Tell me the words you remember. And the title of the one song.

5:39 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Damsel Underdressed,
That's really sweet and I do appreciate it, but I can't tell you the words because they are in Greek. I'll get the songs on one of the Greek sites. But it is very kind of you to offer.
I have the movie and the songs are on it, I just can't view the movie so that I can read the titles of the songs because my VCR has not been working properly so I don't want it to mess up my movie.
You are to kind, big hug. Thanks again.

6:22 PM  
Blogger AVIANA said...

have a nice weekend!

5:55 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

AVIANA,
You too.

10:43 PM  
Blogger LeDrew said...

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Sunday-Original-Soundtrack-Enhanced/dp/B000007O78
Does this help
I am sure I have it somewhere. I have 3 hard-drives full of mp3s, I will look
by the by did a movie with Jules Dassin (we called him Max his real name is Max Rosenbloom)and met Melina too.
'circle of two'

1:12 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Hey Everybody,
Meet Gary LeDrew. I think you would enjoy giving him a visit. He tells wonderful stories.

http://garysbar.blogspot.com/


Hi Gary LeDrew,
Yes it helped a lot. I enjoyed listing to the samples. It's been so long since I watched the movie I didn't realize there were 14 pieces of music. I want to find the ones that have lyrics with the lyrics not just the music. Finding me the titles will help a lot, thank you.

Max Rosenbloom, That put me in shock, I thought he was Greek. Where ever did you meet Melina Mercouri, they filmed Never on Sunday in Greece. Maybe you'll get around to telling about that in one of your stories.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

it also depends on your search query .. the result. Always use operators i.e. "Song name +Soundtrack" use that without the quotes

4:15 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Thank you Nabeel, I was able to find one, with the greek version of the lyrics.

12:05 PM  
Blogger How do we know said...

Glad u found sth!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Bla said...

Haha, you had quite an adventure, searching for this movie's soundtrack. :)

6:42 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Bla,
Yes I did. Correction I didn't get but just the one song and only the written lyrics. I'm just going to have to wait until I get my VCR fixed and maybe I can record the songs right off of the movie? Now I'm coming to your site to find out who is laughing at me. hehe

9:03 AM  
Blogger Bla said...

;)

1:09 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Bla,
Ahhhhhh. No Fair.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker