Sunday, January 25, 2009

WEDDING BELLS ARE RINGING

I know what you're thinking and the answer is ------ NO, it's not me.

My son is getting married in the near future. I knew it was coming, I just didn't think it was going to happen so soon. It doesn't seem like they have been seeing each other but just a few months, then again to quote an old saying, '
"You never really know someone until you marry them."

The date is set for April 18Th. I know no details so I don't know if it's going to be a wedding with guests or if they are just going to go get married? No one offered so, I didn't ask. I figure they will tell me sooner or later.

They have both been married before and they are both in their early forties. My son has a son who is grown and he has a son of his own. My daughter-in-law to be, has three children of her own, ages nineteen, seventeen and nine and the seventeen year old just had a baby this year.

I wondered about my son. He's been living alone for a long time and I know he's been lonely, but how is he going to like a house with kids in it again.
Then I realized, he's going to love it.
He loves kids and babies and they usually love him too.
I really think this is just what he needs, a family to come home to will make him feel complete.

Now about my daughter-in-law to be. What do I think about her. I think she's great.
She's pretty, has a great personality, seems to be responsible and made it very clear to me shortly after I met her that she was crazy about my son and was going to love him forever.

Forever. What more could any parent ask for. I think I love her. I'm happy for them.

Did I mention that my son is my next door neighbor. Shortly after my husband past away, my son moved next door to me, for which I am eternally grateful.
He has been a blessing in so many ways. But soon there will be a new wife and family moving here.
They live kind of far from here so I'm assuming the little girl will have to leave her school before the end of the school year and what about the wife's job and what about the adjustments.
I'm not worried about my son and his new family adjusting, I'm sure they will be just fine. I'm worried about me. I have issues.

I have very mixed emotions. SELFISH EMOTIONS. Shame on me. I'm a terrible person.

I've been wondering how is all of this going to effect me.
Although I am ecstatically happy for them, I can't help wondering how this might change my life. My son and I knew we were always there for each other if needed but other than that we left each other alone.

After years of working I decided to take an early retirement. I became used to living alone, I enjoyed it, in fact I loved it. I liked the quiet serenity of being by myself. I began to read books, something I never seemed to have time for in the past. I learned to relax, a real luxury.

My property is very large and very private and I enjoy sitting in my back yard with a cup of coffee in the morning and a good book in the evening and sometimes I just love to sit outside and enjoy looking at the beauty of Mother Nature.

So what happens now. Am I still going to be able to enjoy my out of doors quiet time or am I going to have a little girl calling me granny and following me around?

Oh my, my grandson is finally almost all grown and here comes a little girl in the family.

But wait --- this could be fun.

We could have tea party's and I'll let her wear my high heal shoes and play dress up. Little girls love to do things like that.

A little girl, YES! I can't wait to spoil her rotten.


Wait a minute, my grandson did that too. lol

8 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Congratulations! The best things in life are often ones you recognize immediately! I am a believer in love at first sight! As far as what will change for you? Think of it as gaining three wonderful grandchildren, and a daughter :) You can teach them things, tell wonderful stories, and bake delicious treats for them. They will love spending time with you, too!

6:20 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Shannon,
I know. It's really going to be great. I really like her.
She seems to like me too. She'll probably like me even more after they move here and she finds out
I'm not the kind of Mother-in-Law that will be visiting unless it's over the fence and we both are outside.
I'm the kind that stays at my place. She can pop over to see me if she wants to.
That's what I did with my sons first marriage.

My motto. Stay away unless you're invited and keep your advise to yourself. That way no one can blame you for anything. lol

7:40 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

It's totally natural to feel a little bit selfish about the situation. I had to work to earn my mother in laws love! You're just giving it away! Whatever happened to earning acceptance. I'm just kidding I think it's great that you can be so sweet towards her. Being non judgmental can be very hard sometimes, a humbling of one's self is always a hard thing to do. I know it is for me! But I am actually working on that now. First step is realizing and admitting the problem, second is taking care of it.

Good luck with the new daughter in law. Congrats to your son, I hope she makes him happy!

7:09 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Becky,
I'm happy for both of them I think they both were ready to find someone again.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Id it is said...

You'll love to see a loved one find his true love! The apprehension is normal; any change is always suspect at first until one grows into it to enjoy the benefits and rise up to its challenges; all in all you come out a better, human being more equipped to take on what's to come next- another change which will add a whole new perspective to life once more and to which you'll adapt yet again and move on...so quit worrying and
ENJOY THE RIDE !
Congratulations!

4:08 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
Yes I do believe you are right.
I tell you what I do enjoy, Seeing my son happy again and she really seems like a sweetie.
Isn't it strange they both had terrible marriages the first time.
Were both single.I don't know about her but he was single for a long time,he had given up on marrying again and somehow found each other without even looking for someone. I thank God for that.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Mampi said...

I wish the best to the new family to be.
Your post is so full of affection, warmth and love that I am sure it will be vibed away to the new family and the little girl also.
Go spoil her. What are grannies for??
Keep us posted on the progress.
Love you for this post.

3:26 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Mampi,
I am so happy for them both. She seems like a really good person and he is too. They are going to be great together.

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker