Saturday, August 11, 2007

TWO POLICE KILLED, TWO EMT'S WOUNDED

You may have heard it on the news. Friday there was a terrible shoot out in Louisiana.
This horrible disaster started about noon and lasted most of the afternoon with the suspects held up in a hotel room.
Apparently the police had a tip that something was going down. The story for the most part is that they were from Texas. No one knows why they were there, or at least they are not telling at this time. Seems strange to me that they were at a hotel that was right next to a courthouse? Makes one wonder?
But once they reached that hotel room they were apparently willing to kill or be killed, and that's exactly what happened.

When it was over, some of the suspects were dead and one,a female got away. Two police men also died at that scene and the two EMT's were wounded while trying to save lives.
What a reward for their dedication of wanting to save lives. The ambulance personal consisted of one man and one woman. The man was shot three times in the arm. He lost a lot of blood and his arm is badly damaged.
The woman was shot in the back of the head but her head must have been at such an angel that the bullet grazed the back of her head. She was on the ground with one of the police officers who had been shot in the mouth, when one of the gunmen came running out of the hotel and ran straight at her with two guns shooting at her, She laid on top of the downed officer while another police officer intervened. The officer shot the gunman and wounded him, but he fell on top the poor female EMT that was laying on top the other officer. So the officer yanked her out from between the two men and shot and killed the gunman. Not any to soon either. I'm sure she was glad to see that officer but can you imagine how much shock she must have been in. She didn't even now that she had been shot and no one else noticed either. She noticed it much later, on her way home, when she touched the back of her head and got blood on her hand so she headed for the hospital.

As of today they haven't caught the woman that got away, but they have arrested three more people that live in LA, that apparently were somehow involved.
My daughter is an EMT,(Emergency Medical Technician). She works in Louisiana. In fact the people that I have just written about was her boss and a co-worker and a lot of the officers have worked with her too. They are all like family.

I think I now know the meaning of the phrase 'But for the grace of God.'

My daughter had just finished her shift that very morning and left the state of LA to come home, Shortly after she got home we received a call telling us that there was a shoot out in progress and that her fellow employees were injured.

But for the grace of God, that could have been my daughter.

I don't think that medical personnel should be called right in the middle of a shoot out. They should be near by but not right in the middle of it.

I think it's a sad day when people dedicate their life to saving lives and they have to fear for their own life while they are doing the life saving.

What is in store for their future. Are medical personnel going to have to start carrying weapons for their own protection. Are they going to end up occasionally having to take a life to save a life. I know my own daughter has been in some pretty dangerous situations her own self.

I can picture it here is my imagination a vision of the future.


.Grab the weapon of your choice








We have to save some lives today.







14 Comments:

Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

Thank God that your daughter is ok. I completely admire all police officers, EMTs, and firefighters, not to mention the people who also work "behind the scenes." When I had my prowler, the 9-1-1 dispatcher made me feel a lot better as he updated me on the policeman's exact whereabouts. He said he would stay on the phone with me until I was face to face with the officer. Emergency personnel are blessings to us all.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

No good deed goes unpunished!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Destitute Rebel said...

This is a really sad story, its bad when you suffer while trying to do good, but I guess thats what we sign up for, I also belive that most EMTs saving lives and endangering their own will never take up weapons, because a lot of them detest that.

1:37 AM  
Blogger How do we know said...

I'm sorry that this happened.. and grateful, in a way, that your daughter was not in it.

I do hope that the scenario you've painted here never has to become a reality..

My prayers for the people who were hurt..

2:00 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

UPDATE
I have an update on this post.
Since I wrote this post I have some news about the EMT's that were injured. The man was shot 3 times in the arm and his arm is in really bad shape, many muscles were shattered and he has no feeling.
The female went to the nearest hospital in LA, and they told her that she was just grazed But they did no xrays. She wasn't satisfied with that so she went on to another hospital. There they found that the bullet entered between the skull and skin. It entered at the top of her head and exited at the back of her neck. They also saw some kind of mass they can't identfy at this time if it is a clump of hair or bullet fragments. She can't work. She falls down when she trys to walk and is suffering a lot of verdigo.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Thats bad Exseno. I hope all the EMTs are back in good health soon.

4:03 AM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

I am glad that your daughter is fine, Thank God. And see if you can do some "sadka" for her.

As far as the cops are concerned, it's ok. It is a dangerous job (they know when they sign up) and it is very likely that they will be in the line of fire. I am kinda surprised here, because not many cops these days put themselves in danger (they are just cowards - example the college massacre that happened recently .. the guy took two hours to do his business, and the police never confronted him)

11:26 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Nabeel,
Please explain "sadka", if it's praying I do that every time she leaves for work.
Yes I agree about some cops, I've seen this too. But in the state that she works in, the cops are pretty good. There is often trouble in the area in which she works, especially on the week ends. She has been in situations where there were shooters also.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Id it is said...

I'm glad your daughter is safe!
What is our world coming to!

8:48 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
I don't know, but unless something changes, lately it doesn't look good.

9:33 AM  
Blogger AVIANA said...

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by! It sucks that this world does not understand peace.

What separates us from animals is that we can reason, right? Well why is it we are the ones destroying this earth? Why can't we get along? Why are we always endangering someone else's life or body?

somehow, the "animals" never seem to be at war with each other or hurting each other or the earth..

10:41 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Aviana,
Sad isn't it, that the most intelligent creatures on earth (humans), are the most destructive.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

Sadka means giving some money to the power under a person's name. It's well think of sacrifice, it's always done for a particular person or reason. So you just give some money to the poor, or feed a person and keep your daughter in mind.

Now you mention that she works in a bad area, the thing to think about is that is it worthed? Shouldn't she be looking for another job in a better area?

4:52 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Nabeel,
What a beautiful thing to do and a wonderful custom. I will take your advise. In fact I have just been trying to help a girl who is having problems, she hasn't accepted my help yet, but she needs it badly so I'll see what I can do.

As for the job, They are not suppose to be ordered to do what they have been doing. They are only suppose to go within so many feet ( out of range of danger) It is in their rule book, but it never works out that way.
She is making plans to take some more classes to be a medic instead of an EMT, She scored very high on her test. When she does that she will have better options.

Thank you Nabeel, You are wise beyond your years.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker