Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I ADMIT IT, I'M A STUBBORN OLD COOT

I have been trying to put up a new blog today but I couldn't get this relatively new and suppose to be better blogger through Google to post my picture's. So after wasting the better part of my day I finally gave it up.

I don't see that much difference in this blogger host and the original one. So why was I forced to move my blog here. I didn't want to move. I was happy where I was, even though Google kept saying this one would be better, I still didn't want to move my blog. I fought it, I resisted it for as long as I could.

They were nice at first. Like the pervert handing out candy to kids.
Transfer to the New Google blog. It's easy. It's better. It has more options. It's more dependable.
But I firmly resisted, until one day I found out it wasn't an option, it was a demand.
I got around it for a long time by having my 'manage posts' bookmarked, one click and it would pop me right where I needed to be to write my post.

I enjoyed by-passing their little demands until one day I was refused access to my own blog.

I felt like I was backed into a corner. I felt violated. Got ya, the pervert said, if you ever want to blog again you have to submit. So of course I did.
They have their occasional glitches just like the first blogger host did. So what is so great, so different?

When I first started using the computer, the Internet provider was 'Sbc' Then they were bought out by 'At&t', who promised that nothing would change. I don't know how your provider works but with Sbc each person that uses the computer has their own (what they called) home page, that you are able to fix , organize or design any way you want it.
I like the way I have mine organized. I don't want to change a thing about it. For me it's perfect.
However for over a week now there has been a message at the top of my home page flashing brightly,
We'll be moving you to the all-new AT&T Yahoo! home page soon. Get started and see what's changed now.

Oh, no. Here we go again. What kind of tyrants are these. I don't want a new home page and I don't want to see what's new. What happened to we're not going to change anything.
I like what I have and I don't want to change. I picked it out, not someone else. So I'm mad and I'm dreading it.

My point is this. We buy the computer. We pay for the Internet service, so shouldn't we have a say so in whether we want something or not. Shouldn't it be an option rather than a demand. It's our money so why don't we have a choice.

I'm stubborn when I like something and it's suppose to be mine and I want to keep it I should be able to have that option. What happened to, 'Would you like to change it?'
I don't want someone coming along saying, 'You have to change it'.
I thought I payed for that right. Boy was I wrong.

I guess I shouldn't complain. I never touched a computer until a few years ago. I shed many a tear feeling stupid.
If it wasn't for my daughter and my favorite tech guru, 'DIAMONDKT' , who I'm sure had many a headache banging his head up against a wall trying to teach me about computers and fixing all of my mess ups , I wouldn't be hear today. Love ya Mr. D.

10 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I couldn't get my pictures to post today, two days after you had problems. I dislike new blogger, they made me change my template! I guess I'm stubborn too, no surprises there.

7:11 AM  
Blogger AVIANA said...

look..i'm part of the younger generation who was raised on computers and all the techy stuff...and i can't do a whole bunch of crap...so don't worry

9:19 AM  
Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

I suppose I've been lucky. I think I have been on the new Blogger all along. I used to have problems uploading pictures but that seems to be a lot better.

As far as Yahoo goes, I like the way it lays out my home page. Give it time. It'll get better.

3:38 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Becky,
I'm sure glad that I'm not the only one that feels that way.

5:32 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

AVIANA,
I'm pretty good at the tech stuff now haven't needed any help in a long time.



Damsel Underdressed,

Yes, you have been lucky.
I couldn't post a picture for anything the other day, that's why I ended up writing this one instead.

5:36 PM  
Blogger AVIANA said...

hey there...

5:32 PM  
Blogger Id it is said...

Atta girl! You put up a good fight, and then sometimes you give in only so that you can stand back up again to come back and fight another time, hehe

12:01 PM  
Blogger How do we know said...

i soo completely agree, and am glad someone else feels that way too!

7:19 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
If that's a nice way of saying I'm stubburn you're right. hehehe





How do we know,
I'm glad that I'm not the only one.

1:17 PM  
Blogger xumeiqing said...

151218meiqing
coach outlet
hollister kids
ugg outlet
ralph lauren polo
ralph lauren sale
toms
canada goose jackets
ugg slippers
louis vuitton handbags
instyler curling iron
ugg outlet
gucci outlet
canada goose jackets
hollister co
tory burch sale
nike huarache
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet online
prada outlet
abercrombie
coach outlet
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet clearance
hollister uk
lebron james shoes
rolex watches outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
toms outlet
canada goose outlet
lebron james shoes
ugg outlet
gucci handbags
oakley sunglasses
tiffany and co
coach factory outlet
ugg slippers
louis vuitton handbags
ugg outlet
coach factory outlet
coach outlet

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker