Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I'M NOT LAZY, I'M JUST TIRED

OK, I admit it, I've been a lazy blogger lately. But I have been busy, with my son getting married soon there has been a lot of things that needed to be overseen.
They bought a new trailer to replace the old one and since they both work they needed someone to help them out. So I was the designated someone.

Little did I realize just how much needed to be taken care of. Calling everyone to get the utilities cut off was a simple task, but when the new trailer was moved in, that was all together a different story.
Arrangements had to be made appointments for different things on different days and I had to make all of the arrangements and be there to oversee that everything was done by their specifications.

It was not as easy as I thought it would be. They needed things done immediately because they needed to get moved in as soon as possible. At this point none of these companies seemed to be as accommodating as they where at turning things off. After all it was a bit more complicated now.
New wiring had to be hooked up to the new trailer home. Water pipes had to be laid, television cables needed to be put in and I had to be there the whole time.

Through all of this my phone kept ringing off the wall, some days every few minutes. Here is a small part of some of the phone conversations. Him, Mom do this for me. Her will you please do that for me. Him, ten minutes after his last call, did you get it done? Me, yes. Her, did you get in touch with them? Me, Yes.
Him, will they be there tomorrow? Me, No not until Monday. Him, why not. Me, because they have other appointments first. And so it went on all day.

When each crew arrived on their designated day,I had to be there to make sure that everything was done right and that nothing in the trailer was damaged and that any holes that need to be drilled were drilled where they wanted them, not where the workers might have wanted to put them.

So to make a long story a little shorter. I ended up being, Secretary, Appointment Maker, Trouble Shooter and even Crew Boss and I might add a darn good one too.

Thank God it's done and all done to their specifications and they are now moved in
and stressful as it was, I was glad that I was able to help.

I went over there the other night to give them my sons bills so that they could start budgeting, his, hers and theirs together.

As I was about to leave, I was sweetly and properly thanked for all of my help and told how much I was loved and appreciated. Of course that made it all worth it.

I told them you're welcome, I'll send you the bill for my services in the morning. lol

22 Comments:

Blogger How do we know said...

he he he.. glad that it got over smoothly... and m also gald to c u back here.. was missing ur posts.

Wish the new couple luck for me please.

1:34 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

How do we know,
Thank You. I'm glad to be back.

3:02 AM  
Blogger Id it is said...

Made for some exciting but also tiring times. I am sure the overall feeling is one of happiness (for your son) and contentment.
I'm happy for you exseno!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Asghar Javed said...

Glad. Very glad. Be your original self again.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

At least they keep you busy and gave you something to do! Not that you didn't have anything better to do, it's just always nice to feel needed.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Sounds like you did a great job being Project Manager for your son :) I had that job once- it feels like herding cats! They are probably very grateful for your help and you were very sweet to step up!

5:34 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Id it is,
Somebody had to do it, they were both so stressed it was almost funny.

5:47 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Shirazi,
Hi, been worried about you. Hope you are staying safe!!

5:49 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Becky,
Not always, he he he.

5:50 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Shannon,
Probably easier for me to do it then them. I was a manager for years in a real job, so it comes easy for me.

5:54 AM  
Blogger EYE said...

don't worry about being a bad blogger friend. i myself have become such a bad blogger lately with all the studies and travelling. i am a student of media in Aarhus.
glad to know that the wedding went of smoothly.

2:40 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

EYE,
Yes, I know you must have been busy moving so far away. Is this a temporary move for college only?

6:40 AM  
Blogger Naomi said...

Oh, my gosh! Once again, it's Supermom to the rescue! LOL
I'm glad it all ended well and that you're back. Best wishes to the new couple.

7:49 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Naomi,
How are you doing. I had given up checking on you. Hope all is well.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Naomi said...

EXSENO, I'm better, now that I've reconnected with you. :-)
I've thought of you more often than you realize.

I hope your week is gong well. Thanks for your comments on my site.

12:30 PM  
Blogger The T-Dude said...

I'm the lazy one...I haven't been keeping up either. But I think we are both entitled to a little time away from the keyboard. We had good excuses!

7:16 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

The T-Dude,
I can't argue with that . lol

4:18 AM  
Blogger Mampi said...

Nah, You are not lazy at all. You know what? Having someone to do all these kinds of jobs is a strange satisfaction that they have derived. And one cannot take everyone for granted like that.
good that you were that someone. This shows ample things about you too.
:)

7:23 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Mampi,
Hi thanks for the visit.
Sorry I haven't been blogging a lot lately but I'm about to be able to visit soon.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

EXSENO, once you've rested up, stop by my site and pick up an award.

BTW, congratulations to you and the lovely couple.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Muhammad said...

I find your blog very well-written, routinely updated, keyword-oriented and useful. You have very nice posts that really interests to many readers. I really appreciate your work.

I'd like to request you for link back (if possible).

Double Thumbs up!

12:08 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Muhammad Yaqoob,
I certainly don't deserve such a lovely compliment, but thank you and thank you for visiting my blog.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker